Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 9:11:59 PM EDT
Hi all, I saw a rifle today I think I'll put on Layaway...what I believe was a Colt 6700.  Had a HBAR, removable handle, which is nice for me, I can use it on my flattop carbine upper..:-), has raised fence, sear block, FH, no Bayo lug.  Is the 6700 the only rifle that came configured this way?  I didn't see the model number and didn't think about it till I left.  Only saw "Blue Label HBAR for 1300".  Actually 1400 marked, got it for 1300, is that about right for this gun?  I had it put aside, just wanted to check with the Guru's before I go back in tomorrow....didn't notice whether it was a small or large front pin, drilled or not.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If your AR is indeed post ban, IMO you paid too much. Prices do, of course, vary from region to region. AR prices have been falling in the last year or two. IMO your AR should've been in the $850-900 range, $1K tops.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, its a preban, or it's labeled as such.  I'll do a serial# check with the registry page, and call colt if there is a discrepancy before doing the deal.  Thanks though for the reply...yeah, it would definitely be HIGH for a post ban...:-)
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Nearly like the one my buddy got for 900.  His was pre ban, but no bayo lug, has the flash hider.  Said Colt Sporter on the side.  Barrel was 1:7 twist 5.56 cal said CMP on the barrel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top