Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 3:55:57 PM EDT
Ok, I have looked through shotgun news and few mags and have found several dealers that advertise your basic 20" A2 upper.  Prices vary widely.  However, I have not the experience to know who of these manufacturers are actually worth a dang.  I am looking for the basic 20" A2 upper assembly to go on my existing DPMS rifle in place of its 16" A2-style upper. So, my questions to you are:

1. Who are some dealers from whom you have purchsed uppers and been pleased with price/quality/service?

2. Is there a place I can get DPMS upper assembly?  I have not found any dealers yet that carry DPMS upper assemblies.  If I can get a real DMPS unit, that would be nice, as both sections of the rifle would have the DPMS teflon finish.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
CYOUNG,

Try www.bushmaster.com

I have been very pleased with their products
and customer service.  Bushmaster won't let you
down.

Live_Free
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells has DPMS uppers in a couple of different configs, I know they have a 20" A2 or A3 flattop.  Also, http://www.del-ton.com/ has DPMS, Armalite, and homegrown uppers with Olympic barrels.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The "Build it Youself" forum usually has vendor reviews/slams/flames Etc. What about a funshow?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
First, thanks for the info so far.  I may have to order an upper from Del-Ton here soon.

I tried finding a nice upper at the local gun shows, but 95% of the ones I found were pre-ban and I have no desire to do time in club fed.

I will check in the build-it-yourself forum also.  Perhaps I should have looked there first!

As for Bushmaster, I love their products, but an upper assembly from them will cost nearly what I paid for my little DPMS!  Great guns, though....

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Check your e-mail. I have a New in Box complete Colt A2 20" upper you might be interested in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top