Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 12:50:49 PM EDT
I am thinking about purchasing a bit of this, was wondering if it was any good. Will use it for everything from targets to hunting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It is great ammo from what everyone is saying. I would say it would make excellent plinking ammo and might be useful for varmint hunting if it is accurate enough for you. I wouldn't shoot anything larger than coyotes with it though. For deer, step up to a heavy softpoint so you'll get some expansion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot quite a bit of SA and never had any problem with it.  It's great plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought quite a bit of this ammo.it works great! it seems to have a flash retardant in the powder. just remember it's berdan primed(not reloadable).
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently bought 900 rounds of South African Battle Pack ammo.  Took the Robinson M96 out to the range tonight and fired 60 rounds of this ammo to see how it functions.  I used both a Colt 20 rounder and a Thermold 30 rounder.  No problems at all.  The ammo had a fairly small flash signature.  

I shot off hand since I only had about 30 minutes of usable light left in the sky.  Seems that this ammo is perfect for spedning time at the range and having fun without going broke.  I will certainly buy more SA ammo when I start to get low again.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything you need to know HERE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top