Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 11:27:44 AM EDT
I am looking at a bushmaster at a pawn shop, it is in total preban configuration, the serial # is XXXXXX is this a preban??

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be preban manufacture, but we don't know if it was manufactured as a complete rifle instead of as a lower (if you care).  You need to call Bushmaster to find out the details.

1-800-883-6229

Edited to ask:  BTW how much is the Pawn Shop asking for the Bushy?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It will be preban manufacture, but we don't know if it was manufactured as a complete rifle instead of as a lower (if you care).  You need to call Bushmaster to find out the details.

1-800-883-6229

Edited to ask:  BTW how much is the Pawn Shop asking for the Bushy?

Call them to see what configuration it was sold in - lower or complete rifle.

I do know the cutoff on the serial#'s is L063000.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It was manufactures and sold as a complete rifle in 1993!! I bought it! are you ready...... for $1200 with all the accessories!

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Some guy tried to sell a Bushmaster that had L115XXX or something.  L and then a hundred fifteen thousand something.

He claimed it was preban.

I told him the cutoff was 63K

He said it was remanufactured preban.

I thought the remanufactured prebans had the same serial number, but he said he called Bushmaster and Bushmaster said it was a preban and that Bushmaster stamps new numbers when remanufacturing prebans now.

Is this guy full of beans, or is that actually correct?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
that guy is full of beans. they have the same serial #
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, it would NOT have the same serial number.  Bushmaster has to get a variance from the BATF, and then Bushmaster gives you a new lower that is preban from their current run of lowers. So, if you were to do this today, you would get a preban with serial number (let's suppose) L250345.  You would also get a letter confirming preban status.

There was an extensive thread on this topic recently.

P.S.  This doesn't mean the guy is telling the truth.  You STILL have to contact Bushmaster to verify the status of the receiver.
1-800-883-6229
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Not just about your bushy,but I have a friend that has two preban colts.   None of them have bayo-lugs.   A lot of m16's didn't have bayo-lugs or bayonets.  But bushy can tell you by the ser# whether it is post or preban.

bob(who has no prebans)  sigh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top