Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 7:45:58 PM EDT
I was looking into purchasing one of FTF Industries treaded barrels for a glock pistol. Anybody have any information on them, or own one of these barrels? Any info or opinions on this or another good barrel are appreciated, thanks.

Rickyj
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what you want it for. If it is for a compensator then a cheap on will do since these are short and alingment isn't as critical.

If you intend to attatch a suppressor then don't skimp on a cheap barrel. The reason I say this is that cheap barrels often have misaligned threads. If the suppressor is off by even just a few degrees the bullet will strike the baffels and then your can is f**ked!

A good barrel from Irv at Bar-Sto will cost you a bit (mine was $232 including cutting to length, threading, and shipping for my Glock 21) That's not much more than the Transfer Tax that you'll pay for a new suppressor when you mess up the other one.

Just my $0.02

Also check out Gemtech for a list of other recommended people for extended/threaded barrels

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the informative post Dark Helmet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top