Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 8:45:06 AM EDT
Own a Pawnshop-carry all the time-I have other handguns(glocks,sigs,para ord,colt)but I just happen to shoot this officers mod.really well!All I am interested in is,from the counter to the door,about 30ft.I have no desire to spend the rest of my life paying some dirtbags lawsuit for a bad shooting.In thirty five years I have never had to pull it on someone.Seemed when it got physical-I forgot all about it untill after the hassle was over.Been robbed twice,first time the cops and I knew it was coming-busted big time,second time I talked him out of it and he ran.Stretch
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry,this was in responce to the CCW post below.:)Stretch
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sorry,this was in responce to the CCW post below.:)Stretch

Don't be sorry stretch, it was just invite to come over and visit

Glad to have you aboard.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
FYI, stretch, click on reply at the bottom or top of thread you want to post to (not New Topic, guess you know that now). Also you can click on the trash can (which is to the right of little picture containing your bio info) to delete this post, if you want.

Mike

PS-Don't forget to copy/paste this to the thread you want before deleting, welcome to the site, and yea we all make mistakes especially when we're newbies.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... Seemed when it got physical-I forgot all about it untill after the hassle was over. ...

The Colt is an excellent self-defense pistol, esp. in .45 ACP.  Just don’t forget to hit the safety on the Colt before you pull the trigger!

Personally, I much prefer a DA/SA such as a Sig for that very reason.  In a high stress situation, simple is better than complicated.  I also like the double strike capability.

The bottom line, though, is that it’s the man, not the gun.  In the hands of a competent individual, any decent, large caliber handgun will generally do the job.

If you’re not already doing it, mental rehearsal of what to do can really help.  You’ve probably got down time, esp. when you first open up, when you can practice a few scenarios in your mind.

Also, occasionally when a customer or customers come in, imagine what you would do if they suddenly whipped out weapons.  Also, what would you do if someone approached you as you closed up shop, etc?  As you obviously know, someone can get in your face incredibly quickly.

If I were in your line of work, I’d get a decent unit of body armor and WEAR IT.

Oh, and welcome aboard!  I’ve got over 700 posts and still haven’t figured out how to post smiley’s!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
To add smilies etc just click on the Board Code Icon Legand Anim Legand that appear below the message box when you post your reply
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]
officers models are very nice, its kinda weird I think I shoot some compact guns equally or better than the full size models.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Stretch - It seems you and I share the same occupation and somewhat similar tastes in carry guns (Baer TR Special for me). Where about is your store located?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Stretch & AJ,

Seems to me you guys could use some realism shooting, like the Friday Nite Black Rifle League at WSI, Factoria.

Also see the area shooters at  WA Shooters Webpage

BTW, WHEN I carried a Colt Officers, I carried condition 1, Cocked and Locked. I now prefer the Glocks, sizes vary and always READY TO GO!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
If your carrying a 1911 style pistol carry it cocked and locked. Practice, practice and practice. The saftey can be disengaged in a nano second as you come up to your target. If you know the weapon you will not be at a disadvantage to a double action pistol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
CavVet - I shoot at WSI about three to four times a month, all realism shooting . I generally use the training bay during the week shooting mostly handguns... maybe ARs about once a month. I like their facility allot... enough to drive up from Tacoma just to use the training bay.

Sometime I hope to try out the Friday night rifle league but right now it and my schedule conflict. My free time is pretty scarce so when I shoot I tend to train with what I carry.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top