Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2002 3:26:12 PM EDT
Pistol to allow my Daughter to start shooting handguns.

She can barely hold up the Ruger 10/22 she shot today, but still wanted to shoot my Beretta and HK P7.  I would up holding them for her (mostly) while she shot.

So, I'm trying to get ideas on what kind of a short trigger pull slim grip handgun in .22 to start looking for for my daughter to learn to shoot.  

Thanks!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know if you’re looking for a revolver, but the Ruger Bearcat is a really nice little gun.  

The only bad thing about it is the fixed sights.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
for a rifle.., you just can not beat that "small person" new Henry single shot .22..., they are lyttle sweethearts !! i had one in my big grubby hands & shouldered it & it almost set me back 40 years !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
She and her sister already have a Chipmunk, so the smaller rifle is covered.  The 10/.22 was a loaner for her to use, as the Chipmunk was inaccessable for todays shooting.

I just started to wonder what a Walther P22 would feel like?  

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Take your daughter to a gun shop and let her handle some .22's. I always liked my Ruger MK II even when I was young. It has that ergonomic "Luger" feel to it. The grip is pretty narrow, but may be too deep for her. Those Walther P22's look cool, but I haven't handled one yet. I would imagine most .22 pistols have the same recoil and shooting characteristics, so I would just find one that she feels comfortable handling :)

P.S. My standard barrel is a little lighter than my bull barrel, but I don't really know if it's any less accurate.

Edited: because too isn't spelled to. Maybe I should just make this my sig line ;)
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Walther TPH ???     Stay safe
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought my 10 year old son a Ruger 22/45
It has the same grip angle as a 1911 and all the controls operate and are in the same location as a 1911. He loves it!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top