Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 12:51:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your dates of production sound about right.  My wife (at the time) gave me a set about 1960. I made the mistake of thinking they were shooters and essentially wore them out after a couple of boxes of .22s. As I recall, they were made out of zinc castings. Cute as decorators. Useless as shooters.  Have no idea what they'd be worth now
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Per R.L. Wilson’s “Colt, An American Legend”, derringers with a “D” suffix were made circa 1963.  (Those with a “N” suffix were made about 1960-3 and those with a “DER” suffix were made 1970-3 and 1976.)

Per the NRA’s “Firearms Assembly 4”, this derringer was made with a zinc alloy frame and barrel.

That is essentially all that either of these books say regarding these pistols.  Sorry I couldn’t help more.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a set of the Lady Derringers that I bought on impulse for $180.  Info is hard to find, but I do see them for sale every once in a while, ranging from around $600 mint to $180 used (yeah, the ones I bought).  Since mine had already been fired, I took them to the range.  They are cute, but worthless to shoot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top