Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 4:38:48 PM EDT
I just installed a Eagle "Tactical Assault Sling" on my CAR-15. The instructions show how to rig sling onto the gun, but there is no info on how to use or adjust this sling.

Help!

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep my tactical sling adjusted so the part that runs along side of the rifle is tight and then I adjust the second part so that when the sling is set to be used while shooting or as some might call it (in the low position) the buttstock sits just below the armpit.

When it is set in the (high position) it hangs just about waste line.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean by (high) and (low) position?

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look at the ring that slides along the sling that is running along side the rifle, depending if it is all the way forward meaning up by the front site post that will keep the rifle in the "high" position. Basically it keeps the rifles barrel riding horizontally to the ground. If you release the ring and it go all the way back untill it allows the the sling to be tight around you, then the rifle will hang with the barrel pointed to the ground. This allows you to swing and shoulder the rifle a lot easier. This is called the low position.

If you are right handed then the sling should go over your head with your right arm through the sling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top