Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2002 2:00:09 PM EDT
The local dealer I do most of my business with has a used HK USP .45 for $620. In the original case, with the extra mag, etc.

I asked him about it and commented that it didn't look like it had been used much (and handled the pistol, and fell in love), and he said the privious owner had bought it, a Kimber, and another pistol. Had shot them all, and kept the Kimber and sold the other two (I wish I had money to toss around like that). So by "used" we apparently mean less then 100 rounds through it.

What do you folks think?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good deal.

I just bought a USP 45 full size with night sights (got it home April 26) and I paid $953.xx of course the night sights are a little more but that is not bad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Pricing is highly dependant on area.  I got my USP compact .40 in stainless for $645, and the compacts are more expensive than the full size and the stainless more expensive on top of that.  Granted, this was 3 years and two price hikes by HK, but $620 still seems high for PA.   You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a brand new one for another $50 more - remember HK's have lifetime warranties, but only for the original owner.  I've heard that HK is decent about repairing it in any case, but I think it would be better not to have to rely on their generosity.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
$620 is a bit high, IMO. One can buy a NIB 45USP for not much over that.

Don't listen to the "only 100rds fired" BS. Whether it's one rd or a thousand, it's STILL a used gun, i.e. no price difference.

It would seem to me that $550 would be a good price on that. OTOH, the dealer may have too much invested in the trade. That doesn't happen too terribly often though.  >gg<

I would lay out $550 in cash/check on his counter & ask him to play or pass?  >gg<

FWIW, I have a USP45C S/S that's my carry gun & a P7M8 that really drills them at bullseye matches. You'll never regret buying a H&K.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!  That really must be regional.  I bought mine for $580 new.

I can't believe they get that much for them in CA! That's really close to the price of an expert here.

Spade, to me $620 looks a bit high for used.  I agree with Bob in that I'd offer him $550 but wouldn't go above $600 unless you've looked around your area and that looks like a good deal for your area.

As always, YMMV
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
$620 for a used gun seems aweful high to me.  I think in the case of HKs its worth it to pay the extra coin for a new one so you get the warranty. I know a gunshop just north of the city that has a used USP40 for $435.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My local gun shop has a USPc SS .45 brand new for 595
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a like new HK USP.45 fullsize with the HE finish, two mags, box, owners manual, etc.. for $565.  The original owner said that he put about 50 rounds through it and then it spent the rest of it's time in the nightstand.  It looked absolutely new.

BTW, the second mag isn't an extra.  It came from the factory with two magazines.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WOW!  That really must be regional.  I bought mine for $580 new.

I can't believe they get that much for them in CA! That's really close to the price of an expert here.

Yep, the prices are porbably higher here due to the STATES mandatory testing.

I believe the Expert is going for around $1200 or about that here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never done business with this merchant, but they do have nice prices.
www.firinglineinc.com
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Spade,

I have one for sale NIB for $650 in the gray Hk case shipped to your ffl dealer next day air.

Comes with one mag, it is full size, and is the version that has no safety detent on the decocker. I think it is the police version.

I paid $650 for it, and have the receipt to prove it.

Dram

Interested?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everybody for saving me from making a bad decision.

Thanks for the offer, Dram. But sadly, after I made this post, I discussed the matter with my parents (to hell with being 20), and was told that they'll "let" me get a USP in their names. At the end of the summer.

Argh, four months.
Luckily I have my AR-180B to keep me company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top