Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 5:19:36 AM EDT
on the skeet range, i use skeet chokes for both barrels on my o/u. ive seen the other folks use cylinder for both barrels on theirs and still others insist on mixing them up as per station. just wanted to get you clay shooters' take on this. that "25" is still quite elusive for me.
any help will be appreciated. no, really.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I use skeet chokes in my Browning O/U for skeet. (that kind of makes sense doesn't it!} The only time I change chokes between stations is when I shoot Sporting Clays.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the Skeet/Cylinder combo.  Your only going to shoot the cylinder on the doubles stations.  The second shot will be very close and that's when that "cloud" comes in handy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Redray, I use a Remington 1100 so I can only pick one choke, Skeet. That 25 will come. All it takes is time, money, money and more money. The good part is that after you get your first they come more and more often. I found my hold points, distance from the house and foot position more important than the equipment. Once you get the leads and are shooting consistantly almost any choke/ gauge will work. GOOD LUCK, MIKE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top