Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 5:11:49 AM EDT
I have a question that gets different answers from different people, how about you guy's trying?

I am in need of a Carbine length buffer tube assy. for a real collapsable stock. So I call up Georgia Precicision and order the parts along with some other small parts I need. Well, after almost 3 weeks of being told" It will go out today", I said screw you, and cancelled the order.

I then called another dealer who advertises here and tried to order from him. This is where the weirdness kicks in.

He tells me that all manufacturer's Carbine tubes are the same length, but the diameter of the tubes are different, and unless I know the manufacturer of the stock, the tube won't fit. HUH?

How much different can the tube diammeter be if at all? I can't see one manufacturer making a tube 1" and another making it 1 1/4" or whatever. It just doesn't make sense.

Any thoughts or help would be tremendously appreciated on this one. Was GP going to send the wrong parts (even though they never were going to send anything if you ask me) or is the other dealer off his rocker?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the spring and buffer assembly for the collapsible stock from Bushmaster.
Good service and knowledgable people.
Call them and tell them what you have and what you wish to do; they'll help you do it correctly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
BusMaster007,

This other dealer told me that if it is not a Bushy stock, then the Bushy tube won't fit.

I will have to call Bushmaster on Monday, but their tubes are at least $10 more than other dealers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top