Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 9:11:07 PM EDT
Good Idea or not? I have one on my beat up Camaro and figure with all the fear of guns in California maybe people will just leave me alone plus I always think its cool when I see other cars and know they are 2nd amendment supporters.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quit worrying about what other people think.

I am pretty sure that NRA members are not yet being burned at the stake in Kalifornia.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh believe me I don't really care what people think, its funny parking in the college lot with all the increase the peace stickers and then NRA. I was more concerned with LEO's and criminals.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
OTOH, do you possibly want a sticker to tell thieves, "I'm a gunowner", while you're in the mall or theater? It's a rock & hard place, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a shitload of stickers on my old El Camino and Bonneville.  All pro-gun.  During the Klinton years.

I've since decided to not be so bold.
I've had the small NRA sticker in my car's rear window, and when I saw the Volvo with the "Shame on the NRA" bumper sticker, I mouthed the words 'shame on you' and drove away sort of flashing the sticker in MY rear window at 'em.
I don't have the sticker(s) on the car I drive now.
I've got one NRA sticker on the inside of the dark smoke colored bug deflector on the truck.
Hard to see, but, it was on when we went to Canada.  Sort of a "neener" to the Canadian gun laws.
That's my only sticker on the cars now besides the American Flag.
It is a tough call.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a life member but I don't put any stickers on my cars. If someone's casing the neighborhood looking for a house to hit and see you leave with the NRA sticker on your car that's like saying free guns inside this house.  Also it's like a magnet to anti-gun LEO's.  I don't want to get stoped going to a match out of state with guns and ammo even if it is legal, there are some LEO's that don't care (like the ones that arrested 1shot1kill a few months ago).  I can see the headlines now, "terrist caught with 3 guns and hundreds of rounds of ammo."  I wonder how much it cost 1shot in attorney's fees to get his gun back and get cleared.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah after reading this thread I think I am going to take the sticker off, I really don't want thieves to see my car parked at my house and think free guns, and I don't want any attention from the cops. But another thing if you were a criminal and were plotting something would you rob the guy in the car/house with the NRA sticker or the shame on NRA car???
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
True, it could be a deterant if you're in the house or car but you have to go out sometime.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a NRA sticker on the front and back of my F-150.

I WELCOME the criminals to break in, I told my wife I have a "Panic room", it's the living room when the dumbass that prys the front door open realizes he is getting unloaded upon, he panics.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah after reading this thread I think I am going to take the sticker off, I really don't want thieves to see my car parked at my house and think free guns, and I don't want any attention from the cops. But another thing if you were a criminal and were plotting something would you rob the guy in the car/house with the NRA sticker or the shame on NRA car???

Instead of putting a NRA decal on your vehicle windows and alerting crooks and other desireables?, how about wearing the NRA hat while you are out in the public? That is what I do.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a NRA sticker on the front and back of my F-150.

I WELCOME the criminals to break in, I told my wife I have a "Panic room", it's the living room when the dumbass that prys the front door open realizes he is getting unloaded upon, he panics.

LOL!

I live in Cali and I have both an NRA LIFE MEMBER sticker and a CRPA (California Rifle and Pistol Association) sticker on my Caravan.

No problems at all, I have even been speeding a bit and it seems that the LEO's on Motorcycles and in patrol cars pull up behind me and then leave me alone. I noticed one motorcycle officer look at my stickers then pursuit someone else. I've never had that happen before and can't say 100% why but it makes me think!

Now to get more stickers for my Dart!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't put too many stickers on your car or everyone will think you are a lesbian.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't put any sticker of any kind on my car - I would have the emblems removed if I had cash to burn.  That is just personal preference - but, something to think about...

I worked at a parking garage many moons ago and one night we had about 40 cars broken into.  As customers returned they find nothing stolen.  Radar detectors still sitting on dashes, radios still neatly installed where they left them, even some with small amounts of cash in the ashtray.  We thought it was odd to say the least.

A short time later we learned that there WAS something missing - the vehicle registrations.  Many of those customers had their houses broken into.

Just something to think about - if a criminal were in the habit of doing this, knocking off a house likely to have firearms would probably be more tempting - and they know you aren't home.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't put too many stickers on your car or everyone will think you are a lesbian.

Not if they saw my Dart

Soon:
Sub Frame, Roll Cage, 4 link suspension,
and some really wide Mickey Thompsons!

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quit worrying about what other people think.

Until they brake into your car looking for guns.  Why advertise?  Especially in a state where you can get sued because the a-hole thief cut himself busting through your car window.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
For those of you that are so paranoid, don't you worry that a thief might follow you home from the gun shop or shooting range?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Criminals are criminals because they want to score with the least amount of work. If they had a long term work ethic they would get training and a real job.
Very few criminals are going to stake out a gun range and then select a maybe target and trail the maybe target an unknown distance to their house in an unknown area. There is not enough chance of success (unless a fellow range shooter or employee has tipped them off that you have full auto uzis of the like that they really want or can sell for a LOT) for them to invest their time when chances are they can't even break in.
Much easier is go to a neighboorhood one of their friends told them about, one where the bushes are high and most people are working during the day and they have nice stuff and old doorwalls around back, and hit there. That is where you dan't want an NRA sicker on your door.
Much eaiser is to hit a side street with parked cars, or a garage behind a pillar. You don't want an NRA sticker there.
Of course, a lot of the time a friend's kid, or your kid's 'friend', or a neghbor's kid, or the furnance guy, are doing the break in casue they know what you have and your habits.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"For those of you that are so paranoid, don't you worry that a thief might follow you home from the gun shop or shooting range?"

If I'm lucky, a "Wipstick Wesbian" will follow me home...
Boomer has a point, though.
This is a double-edged sword.
The sticker on the car has a deterrent value.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't put any sticker of any kind on my car - I would have the emblems removed if I had cash to burn.  That is just personal preference - but, something to think about...

I worked at a parking garage many moons ago and one night we had about 40 cars broken into.  As customers returned they find nothing stolen.  Radar detectors still sitting on dashes, radios still neatly installed where they left them, even some with small amounts of cash in the ashtray.  We thought it was odd to say the least.

A short time later we learned that there WAS something missing - the vehicle registrations.  Many of those customers had their houses broken into.

Just something to think about - if a criminal were in the habit of doing this, knocking off a house likely to have firearms would probably be more tempting - and they know you aren't home.

Thats why I don't carry my registration with me. Theres to much vital information on it that a criminal could use
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I had around 10 bumper stickers on my old beatup truck a few years back. As a person read the stickers from left to right, the went from anti-Klinton stickers to Pro-gun stickers. In the 5 years I had that truck I never once cought flak. Had lots of people honk or wave and tell me they liked the stickers. Even got out of a speeding ticket. So put your sticker on your Camaro and to "hell" with those that don't like it. Its your car.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
For those of you that are so paranoid, don't you worry that a thief might follow you home from the gun shop or shooting range?

Actually, I have heard of reports of that happening. In So. Calif., we have had a few follow-home/home invasion robberies. When I go home from a shooting session from my local range at night, I watch my rearview mirror just to be sure that no one was following me home, and just to be aware of your surroundings for something amiss and out of the ordinary. At my local range on a Friday nite, a shooter's Mercedes was stolen right out of the range parking lot. The poor guy had to use the range's phone to call the PD to make the report, now that is pretty brazen. I'm not paranoid, just prudent.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know about you guys but I invite all thieves to follow me home after I shoot if someone wants to try to kill me they picked the wrong time because I will be heavily armed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got my NRA and GOA stickers on the drivers side front windshield of my jeep, and no gun affiliated stickers on the rear of the vehicle. Since we have CCW and open carry here in Nevada, I can't imagine that the stickers would be anything other than a deterrent. I mean what criminal, other than a terminally stupid one, would break into a gun owners car knowing full well that the owner is probably armed and could surprise him in the commission of the B&E?  That's just asking to get shot.

The vehicle is garaged and all the toys locked in a safe when we're not home, so I'm not too worried about someone breaking in and stealing my little collection.

As an aside, I have a sticker that says 'God, please protect me from your followers.' on the bumper that I've had since long before 9/11, and ever since that date I've gotten several people who want one like it or just honk and give me a thumbs up that they approve... It's sad, but appropriate to what's going on these days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I think Cincinnatus summed it up in an earlier thread, when he said...

You will never have regrets about exercising discretion. Maybe it's just something that comes with age.
Discretion is always a good idea.
NOTHING is ever gained from being indiscreet.

Words to live by.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Screw the stickers, I have my official ar15.com Lic plate bracket on my car, and will usually slow down in front of the "Shame on the NRA" stickers EVERYTIME.....

If they enter my house, they picked they WRONG house....No matter WHO. No neogotiations.

I do watch my mirors leaving the range BUT....IF they can keep up with me, they at least deserve a shot....
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Every time I see an NRA sticker on a vehicle, I get a warm fuzzy feeling and a little grin creeps on my face.  I hope I give the same feeling to others.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Every time I see an NRA sticker on a vehicle, I get a warm fuzzy feeling and a little grin creeps on my face.  I hope I give the same feeling to others.

Yeah!  I'm the same way!

The sad thing is that almost every vehicle (but mine) with an NRA sticker on it seems to be driven by a geriatric that looks like he's on his way out. I want to see some stickers on younger people's cars!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#28]
dirt bags aren't stupid
we have had a few break ins around my area and guns stolen and the cops caught one of the guys and he said they would case the homes and use NRA stickers and Dog boxes ( the kind you use in the back of ya pickup to carry your hunting dogs) to pick out the homes. Most of us have to gotta go to work sometime, they know that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the small window cling on my front windshield in the lower left corner.

Discrete, but still there!

Av.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
BEST STICKER EVER!!!

i'm making a couple dozen heston stickers. it's a pictue of him. at about 2"x2" in size. (i reduced the 8x10 i got from EBAY, & printed it on sticker paper).

anyway, i'll be carrying these stickers with me because on a few occasions i've come out of a resturuant (or where ever) and have noticed parked cars with "million mom march", or "shame on the NRA" stickers.

can you guess where my handy heston stickers will be placed?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't know about you guys but I invite all thieves to follow me home after I shoot if someone wants to try to kill me they picked the wrong time because I will be heavily armed.

I would be heavily armed too...but I wouldn't have any ammo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I got one one my bumper, so the stuck-up, rich-bitch soccer moms can see it, after I cut them off, for driving 10 mph or more under the posted speed limit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top