Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 10:31:01 AM EDT
    There was some discussion of the sunset of the AW ban. I have heard several stories as what will be legal when this occurs. These stories however contradict each other. Does anyone know of a true source where I can find the information on when it will sunset and what will be legal after it does.
    I spoke to an ATF agent and he told me that the only portion of the AW ban that will be lifted if congress does not resign the bill is the high capacity magazine ban. Please help, because it has only confused me.
    The question also appeared to have confused the ATF Agent. He told me that he was not sure what it meant. If they don't know, than who does
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, a confused ATF agent that doesnt know what he's talking about; there's something you don't see everyday.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
This topic has been discussed many times before.

Do a search.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Collapsible stocks are available on new rifles.

So are:

>10 round Mags
Flash supressors
Bayo lugs

The whole Pre-ban vs. Post ban issue goes away.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
As to when....Sep 14, 0001, 2004...:-)  Of course...a newly signed ban will probably go into effect on Sep 13, 2359, 2004...:-(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top