Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 6:17:58 AM EDT
When I bought my FAL, I knew that while suggested retail was $995, the dealer cost was $795. So I saved bucks (always a good thing) with my ever so friendly FFL.

Does anyone know what the dealer cost on  Armalites AR180B is???

Also, is it a direct blowback gas system like the AR, or a gas piston system like the FAL / AK???

Does anyone have a brief range report?? Recommendations??

TIA,

g-man
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I just called Armalite and ordered one.

Holy flaming A-rabs, Batman!!!! One freeeekin' year wait!!!!!

I wonder if the antis would want a two week waiting period to be added to my one year waiting period????  

Yikes.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a gas piston.  MSRP is $650, so I would imagine dealer cost is around $550-575.  It's best to order one from your dealer, save $$$ that way.

---------------------------------------------
I blame all the Palestinians and they probably did kill somebody yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Last dealer cost info that I got was $480. Like Larry said, check out dealers also. Wholesalers are starting to get Armalites now.
One year wait isn't "too" bad. C Sharps Arms is usually 4 to 5 years...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Last dealer cost info that I got was $480. Like Larry said, check out dealers also. Wholesalers are starting to get Armalites now.

Noname, that $480 was the introductory price when the MSRP was $590.  As for wholesalers, all the dealers I know that carry ArmaLites get theirs directly from ArmaLite.  I didn't think that ArmaLite used wholesalers.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is a gas piston.  MSRP is $650, so I would imagine dealer cost is around $550-575.  It's best to order one from your dealer, save $$$ that way.

OK, perhaps my post was misleading. Armalite REQUIRES your FFL to order the rifle. Hopefully he'll give me dealer cost.

This ain't really the place to start a discussion about this, but that is a simply preposterous, irrational statement. But you just can't let it go, can ya????? But thanks for playing.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]
There is always a chance of winning one at the BRC...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This ain't really the place to start a discussion about this, but that is a simply preposterous, irrational statement. But you just can't let it go, can ya????? But thanks for playing.

Just a response to your preposterous, irrational, PLO kissing, statement.  No, I won't let kissing up to the PLO go.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noname, that $480 was the introductory price when the MSRP was $590.  As for wholesalers, all the dealers I know that carry ArmaLites get theirs directly from ArmaLite.  I didn't think that ArmaLite used wholesalers.

Armalite has been attempting a wholesale network since they've had product. Production amounts probably have hindered this. Jerry's Sport Center and RSR are stocking Armalites now. RSR shows cost at 553.00 and SR at 780.00 now (!). I've been getting product at Jerry's an/or Armalite---whoever has it...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]

"Kiss The Hunk For One Brand New AR180B---Absolutely FREE...!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does anyone know what the dealer cost on  Armalites AR180B is???

Originally I was told $480.00.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Careful g-man... SteyrAug might hear you ask this question and flip out and chop your head off!

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
All the Plusses

Lite weight
Uses AR Mags
Clean Gas system
Uses AR trigger systems
Low cost

Minuses
A little Ugly
Not common on the battlefield,
- although some AR interchangability
helps there, bolt, mag, trigger.
Accuracy OK question (NRA mag test)

Looks like a fine .223 substitute for an AR and yet unlike Mini-14, uses AR mags too.

Sounds good.

Why don't you call around, I've heard of gun shows having them. Would beat a year wait.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Jerry's Sport Center and RSR are stocking Armalites now. RSR shows cost at 553.00 and SR at 780.00 now (!). I've been getting product at Jerry's an/or Armalite---whoever has it...

If they are showing SR at $780, they are gouging.  They $553 dealer cost sounds about right to sell it near the MSRP listed by ArmaLite at $650.  At the figures they show that would be a dealer profit of $227 per gun!  A little out of line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top