Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 4:14:44 AM EDT
I saw a Sig Sauer on Guns America that advertised a "reduced weight" slide.

Is there such a thing?? Is it possible to shave a few ounces off the slide, and still have reliable function??

I want to carry my Sig for CCW, but its such a danged cinder block weight, I always opt for my 9mm Kahr P9.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this the one?
www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976087642.htm

I think that the "lightweight" slide was made from a sheet steel stamping; the newer slides are made from a solid steel block.  The sturdier and heavier slides were adopted when the .40 S&W was added to the SIG line.

BTW, I have a Kahr P9 too.  Small world, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that's the GA ad.

thanks for the info.

The Kahr is a neat little gun. I was at the gun store yesterday and fondled a Kahr MK40, which is basically a P9 in .40 S&W with a metal frame.

I was VERY impressed, reasonable weight, easily concealed, but only 6+ 1, I beleive. And DAO is NOT my favorite, but prolly a good idea in a CCW gun. (stress causing AD's in CCW situations)

I think they've got a P40 out now which I'll have to check out.

re: "small world"

As much as a hard case as I am, I'd say YES, it IS a small world, and I hold ALOT in common with you and MOST of the regulars 'round here.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Garandman:

The so-called “lightweight slide” is pretty much limited to 9MM Sigs (the exception being the single stack P220).  Also, you’re apparently looking at the larger P226.  

I’ll grant you the smaller P228 (which also has the “lightweight slide”) is a nice carrying pistol, if you don’t mind a 9MM.

You know what you want, of course, but have you looked at the Walter P99?  I seems to be a nice balance of weight, caliber, and rounds; and is available in a traditional SA/DA trigger.

Just a thought.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top