Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 3:52:45 PM EDT
Finally got my FN Special Police rifle yesterday, paid $809 for it.  Now I need to hear from those who have one about their scope and mount setup to get some ideas.

Range will be limited to under 300 yards, at least for now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You have goto to give us the 411 on this beauty after you fire it. I held off on getting a Rem. PSS after I saw this gun in G&W4LE. Please keep us posted!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were outfitting a bolt action tac driver I would go with a Tasco Super Sniper Series fixed power 10X42 Mil-Dot Reticle scope.  You can't beat the quality for price ratio.  These scopes were government contract and are not typical run of the mill Tasco models.  They start at $299.00 and can be had in 10X, 16X, or 20X by 42 objective.  
    Give us a report on your new rifle after you get to test it out a bit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to spend a few bucks on a scope, you can get a Leupold 3.5-10x LR with mil dots, a poor man's Mark 4.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Tasco SS 10X standard
cpermd
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea I finally got it, was not easy as the only place I located one was I think Texas and they wanted over $900 for it.  

I just happened to call the gun shop, who was waiting on RSR to get their last (and final) shipment from FN, and they said they found one in the back room that had been ordered but never picked up.  Seems FN is only honoring back orders from Dist and after that, thats it.

I think I will look hard at the Tasco product because the Tasco's I have have served me well.

Aimless, I am always glad to help someone blame a new gun purchase on...honestly dear, Bowhntr6pt made me do it :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You have goto to give us the 411 on this beauty after you fire it. I held off on getting a Rem. PSS after I saw this gun in G&W4LE. Please keep us posted!!!

If you are serious about getting a FN - you better not sit on your hands any longer. The current iteration of FNs is drying up - FAST.

The next iteration is going to in exess of $1k.

Scope - high end - USO, Nightforce, Schmidt and Bender, Loopy.

Low end - crap shoot - may want to look at a 3x9 Loopy with Mil Dots and target turrets - $375ish.

Base and Rings (cheaper than badger et al)

Ken Farrell

www.kenfarrell.com/cgi-bin/kenfarrell.cgi/index.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#8]
The Tasco 10X42M is nice but the fixed 10 power is limiting on field of view at and under 100 yards.  I have one of those on an AR-10A4(T).  I also have a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14 30mm LR with a Mil-Dot reticle on an ArmaLite M15 with a Metalcraft/Krieger upper.  It's a nice scope.  G,G&G or Badger rings should do you well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Nikon Monarch series will get you a good scope for not a lot of money.

Stepping up from the Nikons (in clarity) will put you in the Zeiss or Swarovski range
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd be looking hard at the Zeiss Conquest 4-14x40... if you're lucky you can find one under $600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top