Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 12:46:42 PM EDT
I Opened the chamber on my Springfield 1903 and the bolt handle snapped off in my hand :( Anyone know where I can buy a new bolt or bolt handle?

Thanks for your help,
Josh223
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
is this one you've had for a while, or did you just get it through the CMP?  If you did just get it through the CMP, call them, they might replace it free.  Other than that, wait here for other more informative replies.  :)

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
nah, I didn't get it from CMP. I bought it from my step father, I haven't had it long but I think he has.

Josh223
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
www.e-gunparts.com/

Numrich gun parts.  Just about any part for anything that shoots.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
A good gunsmith should be able to re-weld your bolt handle with no problem.

A replacement bolt means checking headspace (which you should probably do, anyway), and setting back the barrel and rechambering if necessary.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Also see the following thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=116873
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is an A3 I might have a one for you.  

OSA
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
First, I'd suggest stopping, and taking a look at just what you've got.  Springfield 1903 bolt handles don't break off.  Not unless somebody modified the handle by welding it on.  This is common on "sporterized" guns.  It may be possible to have a better welder to reweld the handle.  
If you buy a new bolt, you will have to have a gunsmith reset the head space.
Since poorly welded bolt handles are a sign of "Bubba" gunsmith jobs, I'd feel safer if I knew that was the only problem with the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top