Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 11:21:39 AM EDT
I will be traveling from Ohio into NC by way of Interstate 77 to Interstate 40 and stopping in the Raleigh/Durham area. Are there any good gun shops along the way worth stopping at?

Thanks,

Lynn
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a little detour from I-40 at Kernersville, NC to Walkertown. You will find "The Gun Rack", a little shop with a big selection and best prices in NC. Tell Bill hi!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of two on your route, although I have forgotten the names of the shops... the first is in Hillsborough on I-40.  It is located in the "Daniel Boone Square" which is right off the exit.  The second is on Capital Blvd. (US route 1 north) just before the "Belt-Line" in Raleigh.  Sorry about the names, it has been a few years; but this should be enough to do a yellow pages search!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That is Colonial Gun Shop in Hillsborough.  Lots of guns, some rare. (really rare)

When in Raleigh, take an extra 15 minutes and drive out on US 264/64 and go to Perry's Guns in Wendell.  They have a good selection and reasonable prices on some things.  I did get ripped off the other day on a stupid non-gun item but they may have made a pricing mistake. They will give you good prices on guns and I recommend them.

If you are going out towards the mountains of NC, you have to go to that big gun shop in North Wilkesboro.  

If you go towards the beach, go by Flatwoods Outfitters.  They are just outside Jacksonville (going east) in Hubert, on highway 24.  They have a full set of firing ranges, Trap, fishing ponds, horseback trails and stables, archery, and a bar.  Nothing better than having a drink after shooting a few hundered rounds!  Also have a decent little gun shop featuring military and hunting weapons with a dedicated archery/black powder shop across the parkinglot.  An armorer is on the premesis.  Lots of military guys there...Camp Lejeune is 10 minutes away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top