Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 5:57:04 AM EDT
I have a pre-ban mini 14 with a Ram-line folding stock.  I would like to trade it to a local gun shop.  My question is about trading price.  Does it have increased value because of pre-ban and having a folding stock?  If so could you give me a ball park figure to work from.  I see from other post that post ban are much cheaper, but I would feel awkward asking 70.00 - 900.00 for this.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This might help, might not.

I know of a stainless, pre-ban, fixed stock Mini purchased before things got crazy.  Purchase price was $430, or about $450 w/ tax.  The same rifle sells today for about $415 (tax on top of that).

Opinion: assuming ANIB condition, it's worth roughly what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, P.S.  My answer reflected "Retail" price.  You'll get skinned a little so the dealer can make a profit.  That's reality / that's life.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You will be lucky if they offer you $200 for it. Till you try and buy it back the next day, then it will be an ultra rare pre pre-ban, and they want $600 for it. Sell it on the board or to a private person, NEVER EVER sell a used gun to a gunstore.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought a new in box postban stainless mini last year for $421.90 last year. on the other hand, i bought a stainless mini 14 pre-ban  GB  government model about a month later&paid around $650 for it. the GB model was a trade in from some state dept. of correction.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
bybon, I could be wrong but I feel your asking price of $700-900 may be a little high. It's been about 4 years ago but I got 2 Ruger factory folders, a blued Mini for $450 and a stainless one for $600. I agree with the others that if you want top dollar for your rifle then sell it private party or over the internet,etc..
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input guys.  The few times I did sell to a dealer I kicked myself for such stupidity.  Thanks for reminding me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Why get rid of it? The weapon you already have is always cheaper than the one you don't..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with Mplat.  I could kick myself in the head for selling guns that now I wish I still had.

Just keep it.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top