Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 6:05:50 PM EDT
Installed Bushmaster's steel side sling adapter today. This is a great little hunk of metal well worth the $32.95 that I would recommend to anybody.

communities.msn.com/AR15rs/shoebox.msnw
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep I agree, it was hard to do without a hammer and drift punch. I used a Sharpie to darken the bright and shiny roll pins
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not buy the POS el'cheapo BM aluminum mount designed for LW barrels.  Machining marks, sharp edges and purple color -- not to mention such a loose fit the pins fell out.

This LW/HBAR "convertible" steel mount looks like it's good quality and similar to the Colt USGI "convertible" mount.  I was looking for a way to mount this on my LW bbl and, with the great idea from Kurt from KKF, I ended up shimming the mount with a piece of copper pipe shim.  I got the shim for around $1 and it was soft enough I was able to cut it down and shape it to the inside of the mount.  It came in different sizes (thickness too) so I was able to acheive the perfect fit.  Now on my LW barrel there is no slop (the convertible mounts do rattle around and are loose on LW bbls).  I've got to get pics up one of these days.  See my prior thread on this topic.

I like the bbl side sling mounts much better than the sight assembly mounts.  If you're going to be using a three point or carbine style two point sling for patrol/CQB carry, these side sling mounts are great.  I highly recommend them.

The Colt USGI mounts I have (put one on my HBAR as well) went for around $38 from SAW.  Looks like either the Colt or BM would work just as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top