Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 10:11:15 PM EDT
I am going to Fairfax to visit the Museum before I shoot over to the BRC.  I was wondering how long it would take to go through the place.   Is there anything else we can see at the Headquarters?

Thanks,

Matt
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been there twice and like most museums it all depends on how much attention you want to give the individual exhibits.  I'd say allocate an hour if you just want to gloss it over and half a day if you want to pick everything over.  Don't forget to stop at the store on you way out. Curiously, it's positioned at the entrance to the exhibits not the exit.  The store usually has some neat merchandise on clearance too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The NRA museum is a MUST SEE for any firearms enthusiast. Like was said above, for an adequate treatment, plan four hours.

Also, since you will be in the area, you may want to  check out the third floor of the Smithsonian bldg (I forget which one) It also has an exceptional arms and armaments display.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]
one sad note about the musiem thu all the demilled stuff makes ya wanna cry
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Plus if you have time, you can shoot at their indoor range.  50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]

The NRA museum is a MUST SEE for any firearms enthusiast.

I have wanted to visit the HQ for a while now.  Thanks for the info guys, I can't wait to check it out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I was there last sept, just before the attacks, and was driving down the street and just happened to see the sign for the museum. I stopped in the next day thinking it'll just take a few a minutes to go through. Not! This place is lot bigger than it looks, a lot of good stuff to check out.

On another note, I visited the Texas Ranger Museum a few months ago and it is an excellent place to visit as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top