Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2002 5:14:58 PM EDT
I'm interested in buying an AR-10 so I went down the the local gun shop and they wanted $1400 for an Armalite.  I can not afford that going to college and all is their any where that sells them a little cheaper.  If not I guess I will have to settle for an AR-15.  The gun shop said they have a life time warranty on the chrome barrels, is that true
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
check out the Armalite website.  www.armalite.com
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help I found a rifle on one of the web site for $1000.  It is a Armalite eagle E10A4.  Why is this so much cheaper than the other models, does any body have any additional info on it
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
the eagle is a lower quality weapon.
my armalite A4 is a 3/4"@100 yds.
you probably will not get that from the eagle.

try looking at an FAL.
seriously, if your on a budget they are good "banger" type rifles and you won't get jammed $60.00-80.00 just for the mags
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If not I guess I will have to settle for an AR-15.

i am sorry, but i really really like the ar-15 instead of the ar-10.  plus it is cheaper and in my opinion it looks cooler.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]
You know, I don't think I've ever seen an AR10 upper or lower sold by itself, like they do with ar 15's.  Any reason?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know, I don't think I've ever seen an AR10 upper or lower sold by itself, like they do with ar 15's.  Any reason?

Armalite says on their web site that they refuse to sell uppers or lowers by themselves. They say they don't want their parts put on a POS upper/lower & then the owner badmouths Armalite because it didn't work.

That's their story & they're sticking to it. >gg<

I just bought a AR-10B & that !@#$%^&* thing shoots like a wet dream with Cindy Crawford.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Eagle Arms AR-10's have an unlined bore. People say that the non-chromelined bores are more accurate, but barrel life is shortened. I have no experience with them. BobCole is right about the reason ArmaLite does not sell "their" brand of lower receiver separately. Contrary to popular belief, ArmaLite and Eagle Arms rifles are the SAME quality. The better parts are NOT hand-selected to bear the ArmaLite name. This was told to me by my state's ArmaLite sales rep on the phone recently.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ArmaLite does sell upper receiver assemblies separately. I have one on order from them right now.

www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/308topends.htm
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I got an Eagle AR-10 and love it...   Shoots 6 shots inside my paw print at 100 yards..   That's about 1 inch..      Tink
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Destroyer, FirearmTom1 and I are bidding on this one, care to join the bidding??

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3963164
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ArmaLite does sell upper receiver assemblies separately. I have one on order from them right now.

According to Armalite's web site they don't sell seperate units. You may have already bought one & have an owner card onfile?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to Armalite's web site they don't sell seperate units. You may have already bought one & have an owner card onfile?

Nope, ordered a Eagle Arms AR-10 lower through my local dealer (still on backorder) and 2-weeks later called ArmaLite and ordered an ArmaLite AR-10A4 upper to put on the Eagle Arms lower.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
From ArmaLite's website:

"ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are factory built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists."
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
destroyer..first, welcome to the boards.

Now as far as the difference between ArmaLite and Eagle Arms, the  major differences are that the ArmaLite line carries a Limited Lifetime warranty whereas Eagle Arms has only a Limited One year warranty. Eagle Arms line has chrome moly barrels where ArmaLite uses chrome lined and stainless steel barrels. ArmaLite also uses higher quality parts and forgings. This is why you see that the ArmaLite line is more expensive than Eagle Arms. Eagle Arms, however, is a quality made rifle that is priced to compete with other low priced brands. If cost is a mjor issue and if you don't necessarily need a chrome lined barrel and will settle with a chrome-moly barrel, go with the Eagle Arms.
Also note that you cannot buy just an ArmaLite lower receiver and receiver assemblies. You have to buy the whole rifle. You can buy just the Eagle Arms lower, if you wish, and attach an ArmaLite upper.
Whatever line you choose, you made a good choice with either ArmaLite and Eagle Arms.

ArmaLiter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top