Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 11:24:16 PM EDT
Well I bought an FR8 about 6 months ago. I took it to the range 3 times and all the time with 3 different ammos it shot about 6 to 8 inches high. I searched all over the web for a front sight tool and with no luck I could not find one, till last week. I saw a guy using a front sight tool on his cetme, I looked at the sights and I looked at the tool and it looked like it would fit. I new there was history with FR8's being designed as training rifles for the modern day Cetme but it never occured to me to look for a Cetme sight tool to raise the sight up. Well I ordered it from Tapco and it came and sure enough it worked. I just wanted to pass this on. I cant wait to get my Rifle sighted in. This is a fun rifle to shoot and I was pretty bummed that I could not get it sighted in.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Six,

I've had my FR8 for a while now, and I've never even looked at adjusting the front sight, it's elevation has always been right-on for 100yrds.

Great rifle, eh?

Regards, Brisco
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Well you were lucky. I made this same post on another board and there was guy there that sold his FR8 becuase he could not get it sighted in. Hopefully with this post I will stop a few other people from selling a really cool rifle. I kinda see my FR8 as the M1a I could afford. Since I got married my gun fund has pretty much dried up, I really wanted a M1a becuase I wanted a decent .308 but I just could not afford it. So I stumbled on the really nice FR8 and it grabbed it ($149). I like the Bayonet lug, Flash surpressor and the really nice sights. The only thing it is not is a semi auto. I have gotten 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards with some German Hurtenburg stuff. I wonder what it will do at 200 or 300 yards. My club sells .308 ammo from the CMP I wonder how this stuff will perform.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine will hot a 200 yard 10x10 gong with every shot using surplus ammo.  Great rifle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Sixgun,
You can really make it your bolt action M1A, just add a 20 round trench mag (made for Mauser rifles). Just pop the plate off the bottom, they pop right on. I think Sarco's got'em, but their pricey.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
see how useful the search feature of this site can be?

It is great on the rare occasion that it actually works.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh, and Sixgun, PLEASE thoroughly soak the front sight post and locking screw with serious penetrating oil before trying to move them.  It's been reported that some FR-8 sights, which have very fine threads were rusted tight.

Yeah I did that a few months ago. I was about to order a sight tool from another company I found on the net. But the company never got back to me. I think you passed the tip on to me to lube it up so I did with a little Breakfree CLP. The sight loosen right up after i took the sight tool to it. Thanks for the tip about the Muzzle brake, I am thinking about getting one, how hard is it to remove the flash surpressor. What would I use an Adjustable wrench. Also How do I put the Muzzle brake on? Would I have to align it and would I have to use Lock tite or something?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot my FR8 yesterday I almost got it sighted in but my should got too sore I think I am going to try and put the brake on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top