Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 3:20:35 PM EDT
receive a DCM M1 once you place the order?  I mailed in my order along with a self addressed envelope a couple weeks ago and can't wait to get my rifle!!  I still haven't received the SASE back yet.  Any ideas on how long I'll have to wait?

BTW I ordered a "Service Grade" Winchester.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Libertas an Mortis!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent my package in on the 3rd of May and recieved my SASE today.  It has a stamp on the back that says to not call for status for 4 weeks.  The stamp originally said "2 weeks" but it had been altered in pen for "4".
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Darn!  I sent mine in around the 29th of April but I still haven't received my SASE yet!!!

Libertas an Mortis!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
    You might wanna find a way to take your mind off of it, the CMP has been swamped with the '03 thing and all. Over on the Culver page it 's showing that they're opening mail that they got in late March just now. Most posters are saying it is now taking the actual 45-90 days the CMP advertises. Back in Nov, when I ordered mine, from dropping in mail in AK to rifle arriving in OK was 20 days.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
    ...it is now taking the actual 45-90 days the CMP advertises.

Libertas an Mortis!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Relax....this just gives you more time to gather up all the extras you know you're gonna get for it, such as clips, bayonet, AMMO, sling, etc. See? It's all in how you look at it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If it makes you feel any better, mine arrived in November but I still haven't seen or handled it. Only got a few pictures my folks sent. But come July when I'm on leave it's going to get a thorough workout.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
    You might wanna find a way to take your mind off of it, the CMP has been swamped with the '03 thing and all. Over on the Culver page it 's showing that they're opening mail that they got in late March just now. Most posters are saying it is now taking the actual 45-90 days the CMP advertises. Back in Nov, when I ordered mine, from dropping in mail in AK to rifle arriving in OK was 20 days.

Sounds like you are just visiting Alaska?  Where ya at?  I'm in Anchorage.

Oh yeah, what's the '03 thing?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Shadowblade, I guess you could say I'm just visiting Alaska, as in two and a half years courtesy of the U.S. Army. I'm way over on Fort Rich (lol) .Been here damn near two years,love the state for the most part. Guns are too expensive though.

The '03 thing is the recent addition of the 1903 Springfield rifle to the CMPs catalog. A rumored 45,000 or so and 14,000 people waiting on a list for a chance to buy one, plus all the people who weren't on the list.

BTW, do you know of any places to shoot now that the Knik Access is closed? I only shot there a few times but pretty much saw where it was headed. I don't care too much for formal ranges, get enough of that from my job.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Darn!  I sent mine in around the 29th of April but I still haven't received my SASE yet!!!

Libertas an Mortis!!

I feel for you.  I'm thinking of a late June delivery of my Springfield at best, but because of circumstances, I won't actually see it until late September (long business trip).  I'm trying to coach the wife how to inspect it so she can return it immediately if there are big problems.  I ordered a can of 30-06 with it to get me started.  I've been reading everything I can about Garands in the mean time!  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Relax....this just gives you more time to gather up all the extras you know you're gonna get for it, such as clips, bayonet, AMMO, sling, etc. See? It's all in how you look at it.

Other than surplus, what is reliable ammo for the Garand?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top