Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2002 2:21:53 PM EDT
Receiver is marked EA with a Louisiana mark.  It's been shot, but is very clean.  Upper is a 20" with A2 sights, no markings I can see other than "Colt .223" in engraved type about 1/4" tall.

Thanks for any comments

-hanko

Edited to say cancel that request...just did a search like I should have before I made the post...doh.  I believe I'm covered on the price; anybody have any comments on who might have made the upper??

Gracias

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are there any marks on the right side of the receiver just in front of the rear sight assy.?  Are there any barrel marking fwd. of the front sight assembly?  If so on either ?, what are the markings.

As for the engraved "Colt .223", is it on the left side of the receiver and does it look like this -

Mark looks just like that and it's on the left side.

Great link, thanks for your help!

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Next question then, is it a flattop w/ detachable carry handle?  If so, that's an added bonus.

Negative, Kevin, wish it were, but it's a fixed handle.  I assume it's still a Colt small hole chrome lined upper?

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
some barrels do NOT have any marking IDs.....,

i have two barrels wythout any marks as to the mfg, twist or type.......
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Kevin,

my friend..! do not ever assume anythyng...!!!

presume all ya want !!

my E.A. was a gun shop "BIY", the upper is an "Oly", but all the other parts are unmarked......
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top