Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2002 8:57:15 AM EDT
A local paper is advertising a NIB FA91 in .308 for $600.00.

I have several questions;

What rifle is this, anyone have any pics?
What is a good price for this rifle?
Opinions on this rifle?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on guys, I really need some help. Thsi guy is showing me the weapon later this PM and I know nothing about HK clones.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a FA91.  It is an American made 'clone' of the HK91.  Instead of a steel receiver, it uses an aluminum one.

I purchased mine for $450 including 4 magazines and a sling.  I would say that $600 is quite a bit too high.  I believe I saw them brand new for $400 in FA's last catalogue.

Mine has been reliable and accurate.  The built in rail on top of the receiver is great; you don't need to spend $300-$400 more for the H&K rail to put a scope on it.  Most of the internals on my rifle has an H&K stamp.

The downside of these rifles is that they are not the same dimensions around the mag-well area as the original welded stamped steel receivers.  Therefore, it is impossible to put on a wide forearm unless you really cut up the forearm.  You'll be stuck with the thin forearm, and it heats up kind of fast.  This doesn't bother me as I wear gloves when shooting.

If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any really good pictures of the rifle online at the moment.  Here's one that is a relatively good view of the receiver.

http://moon.pr.erau.edu/~thompsj/firearm/images/picture/lowready.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top