Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 9:02:38 PM EDT
I was wondering what the right way is. I know its somewhere on snipercountrys website but I cant find it. Whos got the easy to read instructions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it works as follows: 1. estimate the height of the target in yards (i.e. average man = 5' 10" or 1.9 yards); 2. multiply this times 1,000; 3. divide the result by the height of, or the nuber of mil-dot intercepts, subtended in the scope when viewing the taget (i.e. from #1 above 1.9 x 1,000 = 1,900 divided by say 4 full mildots subtended equals a distance of 475 yards). I hope I remembered correctly. JarheadGunner.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a Mildot Master or bring a calculator.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
i think it will only work while on the highest power. am i right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe you are correct INFERNO - it should be on the highest power setting. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.swfa.com/mildot/screview.html
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The leupold site has also 'how to"
and the Gen2 mil dot from Premier reticle works  at any power seting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.snipercountry.com/articles.htm
Go to this site there are several articles(as you scroll down)about Mil Dot.  This is a real good site.
later
DA
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I believe you are correct INFERNO - it should be on the highest power setting. JarheadGunner.

That's "generally" true, depending on scope manufacturer.  In most cases, yes but, depending on where the manufcturer places the reticle, it might work at any power.  Best way, as with anything, is to test it yourself.  Use the "barber pole", or anything else that is at a know (or determinable by other means) distance and known size.  Back the gradiations out by the reverse of the standard calculation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top