Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 4:43:54 PM EDT
well i took my m1 garand to the range about 30 mins ago it was cool i was getting about MOE (minute of enemy) i really need to get a manual so i know what im doing as far as adjusting the sites. but hey i was hitting the paper so i was happy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't believe how well my '43 CMP Springfield M1 did with 1952 M2 Ball ammo: rested M1 shot 1-1/2 inch at 100 yards.

I thought I was a real hotshot and tried shooting at a local highpower match.

First time using a sling, first time prone shooting a 30-06.

M1 did great...functioned perfectly.

I sucked! Recoils' a lot easier with the AR!

Can't beat the fun factor of the old wood and parkerized warhorse!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you like your m1!  Heres a site to find the manual:

www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

My groups usually will open up after 3 or 4 clips as the barrel heats up (I don't have the patience to wait for it to cool), and you have to tighten the sites down after zeroing or they will vibrate loose from the recoil.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not suprised you were so happy. Afterall, you were using possibly the greatest rifle ever.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really want t ohave fun wiht that M1, send it to Champion's Choice for a NM barrel. I had a NM Douglas medium contour air gauged barrel installed for less than $200. Using BS mil-surp ammo my groups dropped in half or better after the barrel change. It's kinda fun to out-shoot the rednecks with their scoped deer rifles at the range.  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I'm a redneck and I shoot Garands!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
cyrax777,  Welcome to the world of Garands!!!

But, just remember that your not a real M1 Garand shooter until you can grab the clip in flight, before it hits the ground.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top