Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 4:28:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A local pawn/gun shop has them for $199.  They are new, but covered in grease.  I just about picked one up last weekend.  $199 is just too cheap for something that goes boom.  I have a SAR-1 on the way so then I would have two rifles that fire the same round....that would be me justification to buy it I guess  

Edited:  The SKS had both the grenade launcher AND bayonet!  EVIL!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I would buy it in a second here in CA the prices are outta control 300 for a beat up issued one!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at one of these today also. Price was
$269.00 for rifle and acces. kit. I came real
close to getting it but diden't have time to
wait to run the paperwork(good excuse huhhereThis one looked better than brand new.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been giving these things some thought lately.  With the current prices on 7.62x39, they are unbelieveably cheap to shoot.  There aren't any shops locally that carry them, so if someone gets a line on some really nice ones let me know.  I would love to have one of the Arsenal AK's (and probably won't be happy with anything else), but $600-700 is a little steep right now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Ray, for the condition you described you did fine. All the ones I see for less are either in good, vg or excellent condition only. It may be possible to get one in the same condition for less (perhaps tossed into the wrong pile) but it is a question of luck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
get yourself a c&r license for $30, it's good for 3 years, then you can order them direct out of shotgun news. i think theyre going for under 200.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The gun shop that I like to blow all my green at
has them for 239.99. Some dont look that bad and others look like s#!t! GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen about a dozen or so of the "issued" SKS's.  The majority of them had words carved into the stock.  The ones that didn't looked pretty ragged out in general.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a fair price. I just stumbled across this from Hitach-

Yugoslavian-made M59/66 SKS - These M59 rifles SKS rifles were recently discovered still in their original wooden crates, as shipped from the Zastava State Arsenal to the Yugoslavian military over 40 years ago! Carefully stored in packing grease and never issued, each rifle is a beautifully preserved example of classic European craftsmanship at its best.
These SKS's are fitted with an integral NATO spec. grenade launcher, flip-up grenade sight, hooded front and notched rear rifle sights and 11.5" blade bayonet. This is the rarest and smallest production variant of the SKS-type rifle ever made. Milled and machined parts, a durable hardwood stock, and their beautifully preserved condition, set these SKS's apart from Chinese SKS rifles. They are a true bargain for the collector and sportsman alike.
On Sale for $320.00      (Save $75)

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
About how accurate(unaccurate?) are these things at 100 yards using WOLF ammo?

not as good as the russian, but about on par with the ruger mini-30
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one, paid a little over $250.  It is in excellent (unissued??) condition.  It came with a sling and ammo pouches.  I looked it over when I bought it, then it went into the safe.  

OSA
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been lusting for one they have in a shop here for $380.00. It sure looks unissued to me. I'm talking mint here, the stock is a light blonde, nice bluing, hmmmm.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Mr.Waverunner,
Just picked up (2) from my local dealer. He had about (10) in stock. I looked them all over and took the best of the lot. Both seemed to be slightly used, no dings in the stocks, all #'s matched and the bluing was very good. Took a bore light to the barrels and they looked good.
Paid $149.00 each.I think the quality of the rifles depend greatly on the region or the relationship the dealer has w/the distributor.
I am very happy with them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#18]
    I have recently acquired one of these new fangled 59/66's.  I picked it up cheap from my local FFL transferring pawn shop.  It has the bayonet and the grenade launcher, seeing as I don't care to launch any grenades.  How do I remove the launcher to shed some weight?  Is it threaded and pinned or just pinned?  Also, will removing this thing get me in trouble with Uncle Sam's bastard child, ATF.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm new here. I'm a dealer and, I do have mint Yugos' available. I'm AKE SuperModerator of the www.AK-47.net board. If you wish you may e-mail your FFL to me and I will transfer to your state where acceptable. Mine are absolutely perfect and yes they are really nice. They sell for $299 and are the $349.00 Mint Rifles. Volume speaks. E-mail me if you would like.

I love my new Colt!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top