Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 2:19:40 PM EDT
I looked at one today the big 5 special for $180 and I think I am going to get it, but had a question can you safley leave it loaded for a long period of time and what happens if you drop it on the exposed hammers?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Most modern weapons have a hammer block.  If the trigger is not in the full pull position it will not fire.

Take the weapon and pull the trigger while holding the hammer.  

Let go of the trigger and slowly lower the hammer.

If it has a hammer block, it will not engage the firing pin.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was interested in buying a cheap Russian coach gun a couple years ago.  Then, I got a chance to fire one.  The gun didn't break open real smooth, the triggers were incredibly heavy, and the latch to open/ close it would not always lock.  It was novel, but not really convenient.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
this one broke open smooth I hope it doesn't break on me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
What are thinking about using it for? Cowboy Action Shooting maybe?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the way they look they are short and wide. what sucks is I will have to wait 10days I have all sorts of guns and they are making me wait 10 days for a 2 shot shotgun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top