Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 5:12:11 AM EDT
I just received my C&R FFL this week and was thinking of purchasing a .45acp Ballister Molina 1911 style pistol.  There only $189.  I am very familiar w/ 1911's, and was told these were made w/ original Colt tooling.  Anyone have any info?  Buy?  Steer Clear?  Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I think whoever told you that was mistaken.  A 1927 Argentine - yes, Ballister Molina - no.  A Ballister Molina is not the same as a 1911.  Only a few parts will interchange.  I have one and it's a functional shooter, but I only paid $50 for it.  The ones I've seen are hit & miss.  Better to spend your $ somewhere else IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I'm a diver too,, haven't been wet in about 4 years though... The B M is a good weapon.  I don't think they were made on colt tooling though,  Some of the Argentine, I think 1927 models were, and are identical to colts with parts interchangeabillity etc... Some were made by colt ,then, tooling was moved over there and they were produced in country, with I think some Colt supervision over there too.. The Ballester Molina doesn't have a grip safety, which I like, grips aren't interchangeable, they have wider spacing between the screws, bbls will interchange I think, and most parts if I remember correctly, in the slide. That was the first .45 I ever owned, bought it at a Police auction , it had been either a murder or sucicide/accidental death weapon.. got it in 79 for 85 bucks.. It functioned well, uses 1911 style magazines. Just for the purpose of parts interchaneability, and putting in performance parts, I would look for an Argentine 1927, they are usually only a little higher..but it is a good weapon for the money, still have a set of hand carved walnut grips for it somewhere..
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
www.cruffler.com for the true poop.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]

I have both the ballester and the Sistema.  They are both 1911 style .45s, but there are some fundamental differences.

The ballister does not have the grip safety.  Only the barrel and magazine are interchangeable with colt 1911 parts.  It's a good shooter and for the price, can't be beat.

The Sistema was made in Argentina on Colt machinery to Colt specs.  ALL parts are interchangeable with Colt 1911 parts...great gun.

Like was said before, go to www.cruffler.com and get the full lowdown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top