Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 4:06:46 AM EDT
I have three AR-15s. Two are pre-band Bushmasters and one post-band Bushmaster Varminter. I love shooting them all. When I got to the private range I never worry about magazines or pre/post
Lets say for argument sake I am at the town range plinking away with the pre-band and decided to do some group shots and switch over to the Varminter.
What laws or bands am I breaking by using the 30 rd magazines in the new AR?
Can my toys be taken away?
Would they just take away the 30 rd magazines I have with me and the new gun?
I live in the great state of confusions NY, where being a brain dead lying sack of #$^%@* politician is jut fine.
The Billary State
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
NO, NO & NO

preban mags are perfectly legal to use in postban guns

just obey your local laws (NJ - 15 round mags)
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You are fine using Preban Mags in your post ban weapons in NY.  What part of NY are you in?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#3]
What are Bands?  

Just make sure you aren't using Postban magazines in any of your rifles.  Postban magazines should be marked with the date of manufacture (after Sept/94') and they should have "For Government/Law Enforcement Use Only" stamped on them.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,
I live in Eastern Long Island
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What range{s} do you go to?  Perhaps we can get a group from here together for a Sunday shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top