Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 9:17:31 PM EDT
I have a Butler Creek featherweight barrel for my 10/22 and was wondering if there is a way to paint over the stainless steel muzzle and breach? The rest of the barrel is black, however, the muzzle and breach is a stainless steel, which looks kind of stupid on my blued gun. Not too big of a deal, but I was hoping there would be a reliable method I could use to paint over the stainless steel parts and still make the barrel look good. Basically I just want to remove the shine from the stainless and make the barrel completely black. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#1]
After making damn sure no paint enters the barrel, try first spraying with black epoxy paint (which is the only paint that will stick to SS) as sort of a base coat, then when it's completely dry (probably about a week) putting on a second coat of flat black. beware, though, that the flat would have to be applied in very light coats, as epoxy paint, and enemel are not normally compatible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top