Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 8:31:30 AM EDT
Does anyone know if a 20" chrome lined Bushmaster barrel can be installed on a Ruger Mini 14? If not, does anyone know of another mfg. chrome lined barrel that would work?
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
No it can't, no I dont.

Sell the Mini and get a Bushy. Or if you live in CA: Sell the Mini, Sell the house move to any of the other 47 states in the contenental US and buy a house and and an AR (and probably still have money left over from the CA house sale).
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quail don't listen to anyone that has shit to say about the mini-14, it is a great gun and has proven itself on police departments and on the battlefield. I bought one many years ago when I could not afford an AR but wanted a rifle in .223 caliber it still works fine and will be around a lot longer than the AR if the gun laws keep going the way they have been lately.

The bushy barrel cannot be used in the mini-14 because of the placement of the gas tube and the way it attaches to the receiver. The best thing to do if you want more accuracy out of your mini is to go to Clark guns and talk to them about one of their barrels they do a lot of customizing to the mini and I have seen their barrels do under 1 moa.

Chrome lining is usually unnecessary in a civilian rifle it is for military grade weapons that see extreme use in extreme conditions and unless you live in a very moist climate stick with the issue barrel or go to a stainless barrel if necessary.

Spend your extra money on rounds and go practice. Just shoot the hell out of your mini and leave it alone is the best thing to do
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top