Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2002 7:30:20 PM EDT
I was wondering where the cheapest place is online where I can order a new Springfield Armory standard M1A? I've been trying to find places, but have had little success. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
J_Money,

Well, I don't know about online. I bought mine (NM barrell & sights) at Good Guys Guns in Salem a few years back. THey're closed now. There was a plain model at the gunshow in Albany yesterday for $1100. Not sure when the next gun show will be. Should be one coming up in Rickreal sometime now.

If you want to shoot one first, buzz me an email if you can meet me at ARPC sometime

NMSight
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering where the cheapest place is online where I can order a new Springfield Armory standard M1A? I've been trying to find places, but have had little success. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

If I had it to do over again, I would have bought an AR10 instead.  The quality of Springfield Armory's M1As is not what it used to be.  I've had to replace about 90% of the parts with USGI parts to get the accuracy halfway decent.

Not to mention, the cast reproduction trigger group parts wore down and the rifle started doubling.  I haven't shot it since it quadrupled on me. I've recently replaced the trigger group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top