Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2002 5:14:25 PM EDT
Can anyone help me with any available info on a .408? I'm not necesarily new to long range shooting, but I just recently ran across the .408. I own a Barrett M99 .50BMG, and have thought of that as the greatest gun made. The day I got I fell in love with it. The performance of my rifle is spectacular, but I was told the .408 out-performed my .50BMG. Now I'm jealous. Could anyone direct me to a table of ballistics, possible rifles, pictures, etc...?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sooooo much. This is the proof I need. Damn. I read it does outperform my .50 at 1000 yards, and its supersonic out to 3200 yards. I still like my .50 better because of the accuracy and power, (also showing off at the range) but I'm now craving one of those .408's. (To show the accuracy, the .408 shoots sub MOA groups at 2900 yards.) shit thats a long way.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Did some dumbass from a crappy military school tell you about the .408? Thought they didn't know anything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did some dumbass from a crappy military school tell you about the .408? Thought they didn't know anything.

Are you talking about that guy that posts pics of his SR9?  What a dork!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking if you need a computer to take into acount the rotation of the eart before you shoot, you might be on the brink of small arms fire.  Getting reeeal close to a shoulder fired ICBM.  HEHEHEH.  I want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top