Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2002 12:52:48 PM EDT
The only handgun I own is a Beretta 21A, a small .22LR (it's an inaccurate, unreliable POS). I'm looking for something centerfire now, and don't know what to get into. I was looking at a Beretta 92FS or a Glock 17 so far. Now I have heard good and bad about both, and want to know what you guys think. Yes, I am aware there is a handguns forum. Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sniper_Wolfe, both the Beretta 92 and the Glock 17 are excellant handguns. Hi cap Mags are cheeper for the Beretta though .  

My suggestion is to pick the one that gives you the best fit. The one that just feels "good" in your hand.

............ahhhhh
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You can’t go wrong with either of those weapons. Both are excellent.  The Glock has fewer controls and is, in my opinion, easier to manipulate under stress.  The Beretta has a better trigger, but the first shot is double action.  The Glock has the same trigger pull always.  Personally, I find the Glock much quicker to operate on the draw and first shot.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Getta Beretta.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a HK.  Its the only handgun you will ever need.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Both are excellent.
Get the one that feels best.  Shoot both if you get a chance.  Then make your decision
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
best advice someone can ever give you on what gun to purchase is this

Go to a range that rents guns or find a friend that has one like the model u want and try it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
A Walther P99:  Three different back-straps plus four different height front sights.  Small hands and a very good feel with the shortest reach for me that is.  Double action only, double/single action and something called a quick action which is similiar to the Glock.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy a H&K. I've owned Glock, Sig, & still own a Beretta. The H&K shines above all of them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for HK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top