Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 7:50:53 AM EDT
Sorry to disappoint, but I've been a die hard Colt and Bushy man since the birth of my addiction.

Are the RRA products comparable?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Colt SP1, A heavy barrel target gun built on a Rock River lower, and just picked op a Bushmaster lower on which I'm probably going to build an M4gery. Both the Rock River and the Bushmaster lowers seem to be of equally high quality. Both are superior to the Colt. My only problem with the Rock River unit is the the magazine well is very slightly snugger than the Colt and Bushmaster.  This isn't a problem w/GI mags, but I had to shave a little off the rear rib of my Thermolds to make them fit.  Rock River is a good brand, and if you have to contact them about anything they're very pleasant people to deal with,  which I haven't always heard about Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a RRA 9mm upper and LOVE it!

I have heard several good comments on RRA.  I don't think you will go wrong with a product from them.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I just recently put together a RRA 16". I Have owned 5 colts of various configurations, 2 eagle arms, and two bushmasters. A few are still with me. I have found the fit/finish of much better quality than my newer colts, and on the same level as my bushys. The only (depends on your thinking) draw-back I see with the RRA, is it's lack of a chrome-lined barrel. The folks at RRA were a pleasure to deal with, their gunsmiths took time to answer my questions, and the upper came configured to my specifications in short order. (By the way, this rifle shoots extremely well for a shorty.) From personnal experience, I'd highly recommend that you look into their product line. This newest AR has become a favorite in my collection.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both the RRA 2001 LEGP and just got one of their stripped lowers a couple of weeks ago.  The fit and finish of the LEGP is extremely nice and I have been very pleased with how it shoots.  To echo the comments of shamayim, however, the magwell on the new lower is simply too tight (not a problem on my LEGP) - 5 out of the 11 USGI mags I have won't drop free, and only one has been a problem in other rifles.  Its for a 9mm build, so I don't think it will be much of an issue, but it certainly limits my options if I want to go back to .223/5.56 in the future.  They also didn't do a good job of finishing the seams on the new lower - lots of extra material in the trigger guard area.   It seems to me that with their increased demand, QA may be slipping a bit.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen and handled quite a few RRA's uppers and lowers, as a friend of mine sells alot of their products.

They seem to be of very good quality. I've not owned one, but I know quite a few people who have, and have heard nothing but good things. Also, they are a good company to deal with.

The only reason I haven't owned one yet is because of the Chrome lined chamber/barrel issue.

BUT, they are now offering chrome barrels for just a few bucks more, so that may change.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a complete RRA rifle (the 2001 LEGP) and have bought parts most of the parts to complete another whole rifle and have handles a couple of thier uppers and can say I have yet to find a single flaw in any of those so far.
The 2001 LEGP rifle has worked flawlessly every time I have had it to the range. It was also very accurate.
When I built the complete rifle from parts, every part went in perfectly without needing modifying.

RRA sells very high quality stuff.

By the way, all the parts I've bought have come from a member on this board, Pete-in-NH, who sells RRA parts. His prices are hard to beat and customer service and delivery times have been excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top