Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 4:38:08 PM EDT
Whats the deal with UMC ammo? The UMC section on remington's site is so vague. Like what is the difference between the green/yellow remington box and other normal ammo VS the yellow UMC ammo. The website says it is metal cased, great... brass, steel, and aluminum are all metal. I've heard some people say UMC are factory reloads and my local gun store says no on that one.

Also: Is PMC any good? Picked up a box of PMC 55gr and winchester 62gr to see which would shoot better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Better to ask in the "Ammo" forum. UMC=Union Metallic Cartridge. Old name, bought by Remington...

Scott

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i've shot both umc and pmc without problems.  i prefer black hills if i had a choice though, and i like the 60gr ones.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten to the point that all I buy for handgun ammo is PMC!!!  Damn accurate & I've never had a misfire. I've not shot their .223 but have done their 9mm & 45acp. Vastly underrated ammo, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top