Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 1:43:06 PM EDT
I had a somewhat interesting day today. I have been couped up in the house for most of the winter unable to get out much due to my health. I finally got a day were I could function and get out. Too much wind to shoot, so I decided to check out a few gun shops.
First one I go to, I notice that the sign says, "New owner". I go in, and see masses of empty shelves containing only 2 muzzle loaders, I'm like, WTF, haven't you got your FFL yet? He respondes, "Yes, until yesterday, I did." It turns out that the ATF went in there and didn't like the idea it was a pawnshop running under two different business names. One was a gun shop that had the FFL, and the other was the pawnshop running under a different name, not under the gun shops FFL even though it's under the same roof, and in the same room. No can do, one name only. He said he bought the business a few months ago. He was a bit arrogant, so that may have some explanation to why they shut him down too. He didn't seem to value customers either.
Next gun shop I go to, I see a colt car-15 sporter pre/post ban science project with the serial # 005XXX. It had an aluminum floating hand guard on an A-3 upper with the bolt on carry handle included. The post ban muzzle break was about 75 degrees off, (They obviously didn't know how to use peel washers.) It had a bayonet lug, and a functioning collapsible stock. The receiver looked new, so either they took good care of the lower, or it was refinished, I couldn't tell. The only thing that was ragged, was the hand guard, everything else looked new. He wants $1400 for it. I left, and went home scratching my head in disbelief of what I saw in these shops.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats what I call some good old fashioned bullshit! fortunatly I never ran into any gunshop mishaps like that,although i can rememebr 5 years ago being told when i was 19 that I couldnt buy .223 ammo untill i was 21 becuase it was "assualt ammo" i replied with a "geez and I thought only politicians lied to me about gun laws" and left,never shopped at that store again.
Sorry to hear about your crapola day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top