Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 2:39:53 PM EDT
Got my AR15 back from bushmaster today (was having problems jamming/feeding, etc..) On the invoice it says deburred feed ramps (i'm guessing on the 10rd magazine) and the other thing says sealed gas system. It's kinda vague and it didn't really say if there was a problem before. Is there any way to see what they actually did? PS: in the upper receiver and the bolt smells kinda unusual (just an idea, might just be the cleaner they use)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
feedramps are on the barrell extension where the bolt locks into when in battery. its what the bullet skips off of when chambering a round.

my guess on the gas system is that they torqued down the gas key. that is the most likely place for leakage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
For all the time they spend fixing these things you would figure that it would be cheaper to spend a touch more time checking the rifles before they leave the factory.Can anyone think of a reason why they'd rather 'fix'one as opposed to doing a double check of components and fitting of parts?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Your reasoning makes sense TROY but I think that if the percentage was that 'small' then all shipping would be free.Amongst my small circle of friends with a total of 4 Bushys ...3 had to go back to factory and the 4th should have but that 4th guy is one of those people who won't put his rifle in the mail. I'm not trying to flame BM...I'm just stating a fact.The only other ARs we have experience with are 2 post-ban Colts that are flawless.I'm not gonna buy every AR to find the best one and I hope that they can figure out a way to make every rifle flawless because an $800 rifle shouldn't need to be fixed every 200 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top