Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 1:07:07 PM EDT
My friend called the other day wondering if he could put a Bushy or Cav upper on his pre-ban Colt lower.  I don't think that's possible because of the larger-than-standard Colt pins.  He asked about some kind of adapter for the larger Colt holes, but I have never heard of that.  Any ideas, opinions anyone?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Some Colts have "small" pivot pins and some have "large". Adapters are made for either type of mixing of the two different sizes, such as "small-hole" lower to "large-hole" upper or vice versa. Obviously if both lower and upper have the same size pivot, no adapter is needed. Luckily, my pre-ban Colt lower was the standard "small" pivot and it mated up beautifully with my Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, you can.
offset pins.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp

These work like a charm.  I had (at one point) a Bushy M4 mated to my Colt SP2 using one of these.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The offset pin works great. I put a BM 24" A1 upper on my Colt SP1 lower with no problems. Since the pin is offset, you have to rotate it to find the position where the take down pin slides in the easiest. That's it.

coyote3
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys -- you always learn something new on this board!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top