Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 12:35:02 PM EDT
I have been having ejection problems with my new bushy,tryed different mags and ammo and still having problems.I called bushmaster yesterday they told me the same as you guys,brass shavings under the ejector.They said to flush everything out with WD-40 then relube with CLP witch I did.I wanted to know if I could punch out the roll pin and just take the ejector and spring out(will this damage the roll pin).I have not shot it yet but they said if this does not work I will have to send it back,so I wanted to make sure that everything was cleaned out good.Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can do this (I have).  One word of advice - when you push the pin through have the bolt IN a plastic bag (clear is best).  Otherwise you are very likely to lose the ejector and probably the spring (trust me on this <G>).
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes you can do this (I have).  One word of advice - when you push the pin through have the bolt IN a plastic bag (clear is best).  Otherwise you are very likely to lose the ejector and probably the spring (trust me on this <G>).

Good idea.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
In theory you should use a roll pin punch.  However, I’ve used a plain punch (1/16th inch, I think) with no problems.

It easier to take apart than reassemble.  Use a vise if you’ve got one.  Also use an empty case when reassembling – catch the rim under the extractor and use the case head to hold the ejector in while you reinstall the pin.  Expect to drop the roll pin on the floor a couple of times before getting it back in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Sinclair Intl now sells an AR15 ejector removal tool that looks like a little screw vise. You can get a set of roll pin punches for the AR15 from Brownells for less than $20, as well as the starter punches for a little more. It may be worth it to cough up for the tools, as they are nice to have for future repairs anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Expect to drop the roll pin on the floor a couple of times before getting it back in.

You should NOT be having this kind of problem.  Do not knock the pin all the way out - just tap it in enough to allow the ejector and spring to come out.

It makes it MUCH easier to put back together.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#6]
How could you get brass shavings under the ejector?  I could see them getting under the extractor, but how do they get under the ejector?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How could you get brass shavings under the ejector?  I could see them getting under the extractor, but how do they get under the ejector?

They do.  Tiny flakes end up getting down there, especially if you use ammo with soft brass.  I pulled my ejector out after 5-6k rounds and found brass in there.  It wasn't a bad job to clean but left unchecked it could have caused functioning problems.

If you notice alot of brass build up under you extractor when cleaning I'd suggest every 2-3K rounds you remove the ejector and check there too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top