Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 8:40:58 AM EDT
i have heard that the g3 clones and the cetmes are from century.  is this true? and is one better than the other?

looking to buy one this weekend.
thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
There's other brands as well. Stay away from Hesse. My G3 is a receiver from Federal & I've had no problems with it at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Cetme built on a Hesse receiver from CAI and have had no problems with it at all , as for the difference between the G3 and Cetme , the Cetme is the design predecessor to the G3 . so youu can say the G3 is of a more modern design .
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with BobCole -- one is not inherently better than the other.  What matters most is who made the parts and who asembled them.  I can tell you from my own experience that a Hesse receiver is junk; Federal Arms is ok, never had problems with it.  Some may have been lucky with Hesse, but there are too many unhappy shooters who have had bad experiences with Hesse or Century-assembled rifles.  Good luck on your quest!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go the the CETME route, make sure you get the Stainless Steel (Paddle Wheel) reciever.
The sights are better on the stamped version, but I hear alot of complaints about them.

:-P

First Post, Yahooooooo!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
welcome aboard to the forum sitedev.  I will take this into account when i go to the gunshow this weekend.

later
lojack
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, there are apparently 3 different receivers now.  The stainless, which are Special Weapons receivers, the Hesse which is stamped and has the HK drum style sights, but within the last month, Century has apparently begun making their own stamped receiver for their CETME and G3 clones.  Unfortunately, I don't know if there really is any way to tell them apart, as I don't think there are any markings on the receiver indicating the original manufacturer.  I've seen places advertising the new receiver, but I haven't actually heard any reports on them yet.

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top