Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2002 9:26:49 PM EDT
bug out bag, you know, you got your weapon and a battle pack or two and the other necesities. How do you carry your clips in an arranged fashion?
Oh yeah I want to carry alot.
GG
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
rent or buy a used uhaul trailer and throw all your shit in there
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
bug out bag, you know, you got your weapon and a battle pack or two and the other necesities. How do you carry your clips in an arranged fashion?
Oh yeah I want to carry alot.
GG

Here's my bugout bag. Blackhawk RAPTOR X1

www.blackhawkindustries.com/cgi-bin/storenew.pl?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=983&idp=1199&his=0|1199&cart_id=2739257.1429

I carry two 30's held together with a MagCinch in the large outside pocket in the top left picture. Then I carry another 4 loaded mags in a drop leg holster that I can either wear or store in the bag. Then I carry two bandoliers of SS109 on stripper clips (300 rounds) plus a set of two 30's MagCinched that are in the gun. So I carry 8 loaded mags and 300 rounds of ammo. If I need more than that in my BoB then I'm in trouble. I also keep a case of South African (2700 rounds) ready to throw in the car with my BoB if I am really bugging out in a major way. But I figure the 8 mags and 300 rounds on strippers is enough should I have to actually bail out of the car somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have that many to carry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about your AR15 but mine doesn't use "clips" it uses mags, and I carry them in the pouches sewn on the side of the case.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know about your AR15 but mine doesn't use "clips" it uses mags, and I carry them in the pouches sewn on the side of the case.

Sgtar15

A guy named "Gun Guru" calling AR mags "clips" Thats a laugh.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

How do you know he was talking about magazines?  Maybe he really does want to know the best way to carry a bunch of stripper clips.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
only my garand uses clips

and i stuff em were ever i can
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Clips?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#9]
it's a SHTF bag
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]
If I meant mags., I would of said mags, I want to carry 100 stripper clips, but not flopping around in a bag. SGTAR15 you can buy these loaders for your ar mags and then you can use clips. You parents must be proud.
GG
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

A dumb a$$ that says I called mags, clips. Now thats a laugh. You two must be security guards.
GG
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

As if it mattered.... "clips".... "mags" ...  both can be just slang terms for ammunition magazines. Tomato/Tomato whats this diff?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

It's a free country, he can call them the black thingies you fill with shells and stick in the bottom, for all I care. You seemed to have had an idea what he was talking about all the same. There is no need for anyone to flame another because they choose to use a term you do not like.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
How do you carry your clips in an arranged fashion?

Stripper clips...you can put a bunch in a 4x6 ziploc.  Roll it up & tie down with a rubber band.

Magazines...Alice/LBE pouches for 20's and 30's are nice, claymore bags work, as do SAW pouches. Butt pack with or without a shoulder strap is also a possibility.  A lot depends on how you want to integrate the mag storage with your backpack or ruck.

-hanko
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
GG,
Do you mean loaded stipperclips or unloaded?

If Loaded, I use Bandoleers.  Personally I like the Brit ones.  They carry 150 per bando, and fold/roll up to a nice square. I usually wrap the handle around the bando when done.  Saftey pin with a Spoon to cinch down the bando handle and I'm all set.

Unloaded I put them in sandwich sized ziplock bags, 100 per bag.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
magazines. Tomato/Tomato whats this diff?

pompous arrogant a--holes like myself can't show how smart we are when the less educated use the wrong nomenclature.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

As if it mattered.... "clips".... "mags" ...  both can be just slang terms for ammunition magazines. Tomato/Tomato whats this diff?

The difference, is that as many have mentioned a clip is not a mag, and to think it is shows a lack of knowledge, that can lead to confusion when dealing with those that use the correct terminology.  Hell, why not call a cat a dog, or sink a urinal?  There just words right, they have no meaning at all. It is the reason dictionaries exist, that words mean things and once we start using the wrong words we are no better than those that redefine words to make them feel good, i.e. the political correct.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#19]
STLRN,
sinks and urinals are the same thing!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I was wondering when this would happen.... A guy uses "clips" properly and everyone assumes he meant mags and doesn't know any better.  I seen it comin'...

For the time being, I have all my loaded CLIPS shoved back in the plastic 300 round battlepack that the ammo came in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]
A suggestion from the land of recycling.  

A 25rd (2 3/4") 12ga shotgun shell box will hold exactly 120 rounds of .223 on stripper clips.  What a handy number - exactly 4 mags full.  Put them in vertically, alternating the clips so they fit neatly.  

Bandoleers are more versatile, but they don't stack as neatly.  You could even line the box with a plastic baggie if water intrusion is a concern.

I do this mostly to keep them from rattling around in my range bag.  For long-term storage I load a case of .223 on stripper clips and stack them neatly in a .50cal ammo can.  You can fit around 1100-1200 rounds in an ammo can this way.  I then throw a couple 'spoons' on top in case I don't have my beta loader handy.

I hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Guru my ass.

Edited to add: That makes Baby Jesus cry (I overuse this one).
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I am glad that the GURU used the proper term.  However it was not clearly stated in his original post.  If the English language is not used properly than communication becomes difficult.  How can we help each other if we don't properly use our language??

For example:  This thingy on my AR15 is broken!!  Please help!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Come on!!!
Leave the guy alone!!
You all know what he ment.

Jeez, you guys would flame your own mom at her funeral!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Gun Guru...brought up a good question about packing/storing/using loaded stripper clips.
I have picked up several good ideas from the posts here.

I too like the british bandos....no cardboard, drain hole, and snap closure.  

I need a few more....who carries these?  I know Wu's Surplus.....do you contact him via email?
Anyone else?? thanks guys....
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Get a couple of C-Mags..I only have one but I am looking for more
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well I am glad that the GURU used the proper term.  However it was not clearly stated in his original post.  If the English language is not used properly than communication becomes difficult.  How can we help each other if we don't properly use our language??

For example:  This thingy on my AR15 is broken!!  Please help!!

Sgtar15

They are still frickin' clips
Come on, be a man. Quit trying to justify yourself and admit that your are horny just to flame someone cuz you get satifaction out of it. You jumped the gun cuz you wanted to show that you know something that I didnt. You are not interested in helping other just bashing them. Read your first post.
GG
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Guru my ass.

Edited to add: That makes Baby Jesus cry (I overuse this one).

Someone named Sniper wolf smokes crack,,,,, Dont get this......Whats your point??
GG
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Gun Guru...brought up a good question about packing/storing/using loaded stripper clips.
I have picked up several good ideas from the posts here.

I too like the british bandos....no cardboard, drain hole, and snap closure.  

I need a few more....who carries these?  I know Wu's Surplus.....do you contact him via email?
Anyone else?? thanks guys....

Wu's Surplus stuff
[email protected]

From his page

Limited Quantitiews of British Armed Forces 5 pocket Bandoleer Kits. These bandoleers are constructed of very durable, rubberized nylon and utilize heavy duty snaps for closure. Each pocket carries 30rds of 5.56mm on US stripper clips and has a drain hole for allowing water to drain from the pocket as well as providing air circulation. Each kit consists of the bandoleer, 15 stripper clips and a US stripper clip guide and safety pin(neither used by the British). THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR CARRYHING LOADED MAGAZINES IN THIS BANDOLEER. Price is $6.00 per kit or $5.00 per empty plus shipping.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Can anyone tell me if the strippers from Wu's are new?  I purchased bandos and strippers from Sportsmans Guide and they are this used crap with sand and other crap in them.  Don't buy them from Sportsmans unless you like half of the tabs gone and dissassembly and cleaning is fun for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me if the strippers from Wu's are new?  

Not just new, but brand spankin' new

I just got an order of 500 from him, and they look great!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Whatever Guru. You want an apology?  Fine, I am freaking sorry I brought up mags.

I guess my mistake justified your name calling.....again  whatever.

Sgtar15

BTW, I don't use stripper clips, because I load my mags before I need them.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#33]
C-Mag, C-Mag loaders (both types), 4 spoons for back-up, 2 30 rounders loaded, 4-6 empty 30 round mags, ammo is in bandoleers (amounts vary).  WU's is new (couldn't pass that up ).  And am still looking for a good smithy to fix the broken black thingy on my black bang bang.
W
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#34]
You know what is even funnier than those who get so retentive about nomenclature, is the guys at the range with these swat-commando-SF-sas style preban AR's (you know the ones with two flashlights, ACOG, bipod, and "tactical sling"), that probably cost $2500 to set up talking smack about this great shot and that awesome shot they made, who for some reason or another have a bad shooting day EVERY Saturday and can't manage to put 3 bullets within six inches of each other at 100 meters!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You know what is even funnier than those who get so retentive about nomenclature, is the guys at the range with these swat-commando-SF-sas style preban AR's (you know the ones with two flashlights, ACOG, bipod, and "tactical sling"), that probably cost $2500 to set up talking smack about this great shot and that awesome shot they made, who for some reason or another have a bad shooting day EVERY Saturday and can't manage to put 3 bullets within six inches of each other at 100 meters!

Actually, I spent more than that on my M4, but I only have one flashlight and no bipod, oh and don't forget all the KAC goodies...  

Can't we all just get along???

Seriously though, why do certain 'types' of gunowners have to put down other 'types' of gun owners?  I don't go to the range and say: "look at that stupid bastard with the SKS, can't he afford a GOOD gun???"  Yet I often hear folks putting down my preference towards prebans and fine German metal.

Oh and I'll admit that I'm far from an excellent shot...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Whatever Guru. You want an apology?  Fine, I am freaking sorry I brought up mags.

I guess my mistake justified your name calling.....again  whatever.

Sgtar15

BTW, I don't use stripper clips, because I load my mags before I need them.

Sgtar15

No, I dont want your apology. I apologize most deeply for calling you a "Security Guard". I dont want to offend any security guards out there. I wanted you to admit that your are nothing but a TROLL. But hey, at least I know. Oh, BTW. My mags are loaded too, but I wanted to carry ammo ready to reload on the run. Maybe you should think of putting Stripper Clips in you BOB, Your AR 15 CAN use them.
GG
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I prefer 20rd mags and I carry them in a standard issue mag pouch.
I do own and use 30rd mags but I find the old Colt 20's to be the best mags; hands down.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Boy am I surprised.  I misread the heading, I thought this was about clits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#39]
This post is a good example of why it is hard to get new people involved in shooting.  After reading this who would ask a question they thought might slightly show their limited knowledge about guns.

On the topic, I was gonna buy some of the bandoleers from Sportsman guide, but glad I havent yet.  I like the idea about the shotshell boxes too.  Have to give that a shot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#40]
i carry six bandoleers preloaded with SA 1987 production in a .50 cal ammo can. perfect fit, throw in a coupla mag chargers and 3 to 4 packs of silica gel, good to go.

i don't carry ammo in my BOB, i carry ammo on a belt with USGI H type harness suspenders, 8 loaded usgi's 4, 17rd glock mags in uncle mike's dual mag pouches (prebans with +2 extensions) and two canteens.
68rds of +p+ 9mm and 240rds of .223 on my piatol belt, (hence the H suspension system.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Come on!!!
Leave the guy alone!!

No we didn't.  He just said clips, not stripper clips.  People need to more clearly state what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#42]
If I ever needed to carry a bunch of AR magazines, I'd just use the military surplus 3-magazine belt pouches from the Army/Navy store.

I also do that SWAT trick and hold a 20-rounder to the telescoping stock with a piece of inner tube.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#43]
A "magazine" has a spring.  A "clip" does NOT have a spring.  Both hold your ammo together.

As cool as I try to be, I don't let people get away with confusing the two.

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come on!!!
Leave the guy alone!!

No we didn't.  He just said clips, not stripper clips.  People need to more clearly state what they are talking about.

???

Is it just me, or does this not parse.

You guys are getting on the guy saying, "mags are not clips!  We obvjously know the difference!  And, you, who do not know the difference, are a dumbass!"

And then you come back and say "Well, uh, how am I supposed to know what he means when he says 'clips'.  Could be anything!  He needs to be more specific!  Because he was using a term that we said was incorrect, but it turns out he was correct, and we were wrong, but not really, because we knew what a magazine is and we know it's not a clip but we have no idea what a clip is, therefore, he's still a dumb jackass!  Yeah, that's the ticket!"
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
[Is it just me, or does this not parse.

You guys are getting on the guy saying, "mags are not clips!  We obvjously know the difference!  And, you, who do not know the difference, are a dumbass!"

And then you come back and say "Well, uh, how am I supposed to know what he means when he says 'clips'.  Could be anything!  He needs to be more specific!  Because he was using a term that we said was incorrect, but it turns out he was correct, and we were wrong, but not really, because we knew what a magazine is and we know it's not a clip but we have no idea what a clip is, therefore, he's still a dumb jackass!  Yeah, that's the ticket!"

It's just you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yea, it's a hoot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#47]
we all need to use the correct terminology, how many of you that corrected gunguru have called ur Ar a weapon,  its not, unless you use it against someone.  A car is a weapon if used to run someone down.  a pencil, book, ect...  lets get our terms correct,  firearms, rifles, gun, just no more weapons plz.  Alot of people do call magazines clips, which isnt the case for gunguru.  lets educate the public
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#48]
this is my rifle, this is my gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
we all need to use the correct terminology, how many of you that corrected gunguru have called ur Ar a weapon,  its not, unless you use it against someone.  A car is a weapon if used to run someone down.  a pencil, book, ect...  lets get our terms correct,  firearms, rifles, gun, just no more weapons plz.  Alot of people do call magazines clips, which isnt the case for gunguru.  lets educate the public

This stuff is getting carried away. Yeah its clips and mags. whats next? I cant say AK 47, I have to say SA85M or MAK90. Hell, Most of us dont have AR15s, we have J-15, M-15s, XM15E2S, Sporters and their bretherine. The terminology sometimes isnt correct but there is no communication problem, unless you are a TROLL like sgtar15.
GG
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
this is my rifle, this is my gun.

oh, she's killing me!!!
first, proper use of the word "nomenclature" and then , a quote from full metal jacket.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top