Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 7:14:37 PM EDT
Who's got one?  I'm thinking of puttin' down the cash to order one.  What price did you have to pay, pros/cons.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Citadelgrad has a pretty nice one.

Edited to say that I think his is a SR9-T judging by the fact that he has the PSG-1 grip and the MSG-90 stock on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
"Order"...as in they can still be imported?  And normal people like you and I can still purchase them new?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Brew is right, mine's a "T" model.

SR9, basic post ban '91, no muzzle device, butthole stock, rounded front foregrip which won't take the bipod, welded bayonet receptacle, all had polygonal barrels, while only some '91s had poly barrels.

SR9T was the same base rifle, but somehow classified as "sporting/target," so it got an MSG90 stock and PSG1 grip and trigger.  Supposedly selected for "true" actions/barrels. Can't remember what I paid, but I got a deal on it a long time ago.

SR9TC was same as the "T" except PSG1 stock.

Pros-
It's an HK.
Mags are WAY cheap now, well under $20 compared to $40 and up just a few years ago.
The goofy foregrip swaps out for any of the '91 foregrips.
US parts are available, so you can get the parts count up to put a pistol grip and conventional buttstock.
Poly barrel is very easy to clean and is supposed to be very accurate.  Mine shoots about 1/2" with handloads.
Finish is one of the toughest.
Very reliable.
Assuming US parts count is sufficient, you could turn a stock SR9 into a "T" or "TC" with the proper parts.

Cons-
Expensive for a post ban.
Tears up brass pretty good if you don't spend $$ for a brass deflector.
Proprietary scope mounts are expensive.
Heavy.
Difficult to clean thoroughly.
Non PSG1 triggers are not very good.
No bolt hold open after last shot.
Some don't like the ergonomics.  

I love mine, but it's a precision rifle, not a battle rifle, although the 91 is a very capable battle rifle, mine is heavy and target equipped.  

I don't think HK makes them any more, they don't even list accessories for the 91 series in my most recent catalog.

THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT IMPOPRTED AT THIS TIME even if they are being made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top