Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 10:59:34 PM EDT
Well, I just picked up my first Pre-Ban. I think I may have paid a little too much, 1500.
Opinions????

Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
some might say it was a little to high, some might say it was worth what you paid.
it all depends on how you feel about it. the pics look great, and if it were mine, i would be pleased.
since you've done this, you'll probably have the urge to do it again.
i have 2 preban ar's and an pre ban upper that's just waiting for a preban lower some day.
i've even quit smoking so that i can purchase more toys. (about $1500 a year to smoke).
anyway, congrats on your purchase, you lucky dog.
colt
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
soulzer0

1500 may be a tad over what I would of paid.  I picked up my Eagle Arms preban about 3 years ago and paid 1000.

No worries though you have a good quality preban.

Did the rifle come with any extras?

Max
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an Pre- Ban Eagle M4C 1 1/2 yres ago for $1050. A local shop had a 20" recently for $1100.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
soulzer0

1500 may be a tad over what I would of paid.  I picked up my Eagle Arms preban about 3 years ago and paid 1000.

No worries though you have a good quality preban.

Did the rifle come with any extras?

Max

2 20rnd mags. 1 is a crap USA mag, the other a Colt mag with the alloy follower replaced with a black plastic one.  Funny story tho, the guy originally handed me 1 new in bag 30rnd USGI clearly marked LE with a year 2000 date and a 2nd USGI 30rnd stamped 4-99. I was nice and advised him of the mistake.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Just keep it and enjoy it.  It looks clean and you got some mags.

Did you check what type of trigger you have in that rifle?

Is it stock or a competition trigger?

Does it have the white eagle arms stamp in the front?

Good luck and good shooting.

Max
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just keep it and enjoy it.  It looks clean and you got some mags.

Did you check what type of trigger you have in that rifle?

Is it stock or a competition trigger?

Does it have the white eagle arms stamp in the front?

Good luck and good shooting.

Max

The trigger feels "normal" to me, so I guess no 2 stage match. Yes, white Eagle Arms stamp, low 4 digit serial number. I can't wait to fire it. I'm going to spend the 25 bucks on the Armalite website to have the paper work done on it and sent to me, it just seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
s0ulzer0,

Looks great!  Did you get it from Bernie's?  If so, you forgot to add to the description: NIB!

Dave S
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes it is a good looking piece. I had my rifle verified as pre-ban for the 25 bucks.

I shot it for a bit and then had it barelled with a Bushmaster M4 Chromelined. I think Eagle chambers are .223 saami.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
s0ulzer0,

Looks great!  Did you get it from Bernie's?  If so, you forgot to add to the description: NIB!

Dave S

Not Bernie's this time, tho I did buy the Hogue grip there to replace the "trap door" grip that was on it. (I love those Hogue AR grips, I put one on my bushy awhile back - in love). I got it at the Gun Show yesterday. It's not NIB, when I cleaned it up it looks like the last owner had no clue how to clean properly (or could be that I'm an over-anal over cleaner!) and the gas rings look worn (Hoola-Hooping, lots of play). But over all, it is in great shape, when I first saw it, I thought it may have never been fired. Then I opened it up and saw it had - not that I care, I'm not "collecting" it, I'm gonna shoot it too!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes it is a good looking piece. I had my rifle verified as pre-ban for the 25 bucks.

I shot it for a bit and then had it barelled with a Bushmaster M4 Chromelined. I think Eagle chambers are .223 saami.

.223 saami, even tho it is marked 5.56 on the receiver and not .223? I've read stuff about saami having trouble with surplus ammo, is this true? All I own right now and shoot is surplus, SA Battle Pack. Wow. I'm putting an M4 upper on it in a couple of weeks anyway, I got it mainly for the receiver, I want to build a "commando" in 5.56 or 9mm, haven't decided yet, I'm thinking 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot surplus 5.56 out of the rifle before I had it re-barrelled and didn't have a problem. It was my understanding that Eagle and Armalite chambers were not mil-spec but saami.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I shot surplus 5.56 out of the rifle before I had it re-barrelled and didn't have a problem. It was my understanding that Eagle and Armalite chambers were not mil-spec but saami.

I knew that about the current ones, didn't know about the Pre-bans being that way. I thought saami was always labled .223 Cal and not 5.56MM?

Well, like I said, I'm getting a new upper for it anyway. I just wanted a matched complete Pre-Ban for "piece of mind" instead of just getting a pre-ban lower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!  That's a sharp looking rifle.  I dig the white lettering and gray finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top