Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 2:50:07 PM EDT
I'm like everyone else who wants to get things for as cheap as they can, but I don't want to be a dick either.  It's a 93 year Preban Oly Lower in great condition w/tele-stock. It's my first Preban purchace so I'm not sure what a fair price range to pay would be.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
About 700 bucks would be fair.  Make sure that you have a signed statement from the owner stating that it is a complete rifle before the ban.

Don't pay no more than 800 dollars max.

Max
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
About 700 bucks would be fair.  Make sure that you have a signed statement from the owner stating that it is a complete rifle before the ban.

Don't pay no more than 800 dollars max.

Max

Do I really need the signed statement, seeing as Oly Arms records are destroyed? I spoke to Oly today, they said the BATF only ever calls them about serial numbers on lowers that were shipped at the time of the ban. The lower I may buy was made in Jan 1993.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
$700 seems to be the going rate.  If you can negotiate a better deal even better.

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You really don't need one but the more paperwork you have supporting the fact that it is a preban the better.

Always try to cover your 6.

MAX
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You really don't need one but the more paperwork you have supporting the fact that it is a preban the better.

Always try to cover your 6.

MAX

Yeah, I know what you mean! Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top