Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 10:14:31 AM EDT
Anyone have one? Are they any good? Is the light pretty bright? How far is the laser visible to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering getting one for my carbine.

Thanks for the input,
John
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No need for trolls in this forum ossa.

To answer your question John, Insight is good gear.  The light is the same as the popular M3.  Brightness and beam quality are good enough.  Not as nice as Surefire, but still nice.  Ergonomics are superb.

Laser is good inside 100m at night/low light.  In sunlight it washes out a little past 30 yds or so. (none of this is scientific, I just played with it on my Glock in the backyard.)

The biggest limitation of the M6 for handguns at least is the laser is too far from the boreaxis so sighting it in precisely is impossible.  POI from 5yds out to 25 shifts greatly.  You can set it to be 4" low in all regimes, but then its not surgically accurate like I always wanted it to be.

May be better on a rifle.  Hope someone else chimes in because this is all just opinion based on pistol mounting.  

By the way, I'll probably be selling my m6 or trading it for an m3.  It is ANIB.  Any offers?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used the M6 and am not very impressed with the laser.  I've never been a big fan of pistol lasers (or most lasers, for that matter).  IMHO, save your money and get an M3 (or two, one for the carbine).  For the money, the M3 is a great pistol-mounted light.  For the money, the M6 is a so-so pistol light.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, Douche.

i was just trying to bump the guys thread back up, but I didn't have the answer to his question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top